Topic: Help/advice on using Instagram RSS feed as a source

I had asked "Can Juicebox be configured to display images from an RSS feed source? In our case we want to pull images from an Instagram hash RSS feed into Juicebox."

Felix confirmed that yes, this is doable, but requires a server-side PHP file to translate the RSS feed into the Juicebox XML file. This has since been added to the FAQs here: http://juicebox.net/support/faq/#misc-5. Seems easy enough in theory.. just mapping existing RSS attributes to the Juicebox-specific XML attributes.

My issue is that I'm no PHP developer, so don't know how to translate the standard RSS to Juicebox XML. My questions...

Has anyone done this before?

Any advice on how to do it? (e.g. someone have a PHP file that could serve as a template I can follow to map the attributes?)

I tried doing this with Yahoo Pipes (which should theoretically do exactly what I want), but realize I'm in over my head. Any one familiar with Yahoo Pipes & willing to help me out with this?

I think this feature would open up Juicebox for lots more applications.

Re: Help/advice on using Instagram RSS feed as a source

This web page may be of use.
It looks like you would need to sign up to followgram to create your Instagram vanity url and you could then use the script to read the RSS feed and fetch the relevant information (image URLs).
You would then need to format the information (stored in the array created by the getFollowgram() method) into the correct syntax required by Juicebox (replacing the HTML code at the bottom of the script).