Topic: No image showing up in main frame! [SOLVED]

My embed code is letter for letter and character for character exactly what it is supposed to be. I get my thumbnails down at the bottom of the screen but in the main window I am seeing just a spinning icon and my images never show up. Can somebody help me with this? This was a problem that I didn't use to have and when I changed my web hosting space to GoDaddy all of a sudden it for some reason is doing this. Here is the link:
http://adriannelugo.com/juicebox_portfolio.html
Thank you in advance!
Ed in NC

Re: No image showing up in main frame! [SOLVED]

According to your gallery's 'config.xml' file, the first image in your gallery should be located here: http://adriannelugo.com/images/2_n.jpg
... but going directly to that location in a browser results in an error 404 (file not found).

It looks like your gallery's images have not been uploaded to your web server (or at least not to the correct location, your http://adriannelugo.com/images/ directory).

Please check that your image files have been uploaded to the correct location on your web server and that their permissions (and the permissions of the 'images' folder itself) are not too restrictive.
Default permissions of 755 for folders and 644 for files should be fine.

You can check and change permissions with an FTP program such as Filezilla or via your web hosting account's online file manager.

Also, please see this FAQ which may help:
My images show locally, but not when I upload them to my website. Why?

Thanks Steven. I will try that as soon as I get home from work. My first guess was similar to what you suggested but I thought my pics were in the right place. I think GODaddy puts them into a folder with the location:
http://adriannelugo.com/public_html/images rather than directly in the root folder. So I just need to figure out how to move them where they need to be. Why can't I just change the path in the embed code? Wouldn't that be easier?
Ed

I think GODaddy puts them into a folder...

If your web host is GoDaddy, then they provide your web space but where files and folders are uploaded to within your web space (and ultimately located) is up to you.
If you are not already using an FTP program to transfer your files from your computer to your web space, then I'd recommend trying one (such as Filezilla). Once you're logged into your hosting account, you'll be able to drag and drop files and folders from your computer into the FTP interface to upload them to wherever you like within your web space.

I think GODaddy puts them into a folder with the location:
http://adriannelugo.com/public_html/images rather than directly in the root folder.

'public_html' is the name of the directory on your web server that represents your web root. ('public_html' does not form part of a URL.)
For example, if you upload a file named 'main.html' to your 'public_html' directory, then it will be accessible at http://adriannelugo.com/main.html.

So I just need to figure out how to move them where they need to be.

As you seem to have followed the regular embedding instructions here, all you should need to do to have your http://adriannelugo.com/juicebox_portfolio.html gallery work correctly is upload the contents of your gallery folder to your web root directory (the 'public_html' directory). The gallery's 'images' folder should reside directly inside the 'public_html' directory (alongside the gallery's 'thumbs' folder).

Why can't I just change the path in the embed code? Wouldn't that be easier?

As long as you follow the embedding instructions correctly, then there should be no need to change any paths in the embedding code (or elsewhere).
If you changed the structure of your gallery, then you could (if you wanted to):
(1) Use a configUrl in your embedding code to point towards a specific XML configuration file (if you have moved or renamed the gallery's 'config.xml' file).
(2) Use a baseUrl in your embedding code to point towards a complete gallery folder (if you have uploaded a complete gallery folder to your web server rather than just the contents of a gallery folder). The baseUrl method of embedding is documented here.

Short descriptions of configUrl and baseUrl can be found in the Embed Options section of the Config Options page.

The paths to the images themselves can be found inside the XML configuration file. (You can open a gallery's XML configuration file in a plain text editor and change the imageURL and thumbURL paths if you like.)
Relative paths are relative to the web page containing the gallery's embedding code (or a baseUrl if one is used).
(imageURL and thumbURL entries can be absolute as well as relative.)

All you should need to do though, is make sure that your gallery's 'images' folder is directly inside your 'public_html' directory, alongside your gallery's 'thumbs' folder. If it is already there, then check its permissions (as I suggested in my post above).
This should hopefully solve your problem.

Hey Steven - first of all I want to thank you for trying to help me with this. I am impressed by the customer service here! So I did what you said. I got all the files out of the adriannelugo.com/images folder and just saved my juicebox image gallery into that folder. I delted all of the old files that juicebox had put on my computer. I copy and pasted the necessary html into the gallery page (still found at http://adriannelugo.com/juicebox_portfolio.html). Now when I go to that link the whole thing is just blank. It took me an hour to do all this and redo all my links and move my other images around so this is getting frustrating. The first time I did this it just worked seamlessly. I don't know why I can't just start over like I did and have it work again. Again thanks in advance for your help.
Ed

Hey Steven - first of all I want to thank you for trying to help me with this.

You're welcome.

I got all the files out of the adriannelugo.com/images folder and just saved my juicebox image gallery into that folder.

That doesn't sound like what I was suggesting. Your images should be in your 'adriannelugo.com/images/' folder (and they didn't seem to be there). I was suggesting that you make sure that your gallery's 'images' folder is directly inside your 'public_html' folder and that the image files themselves are inside the 'images' folder. All this should have been correct as long as you initially uploaded the entire contents of your gallery folder to your 'public_html' folder without changing the structure of the gallery (and assuming that nothing went wrong during the upload process).

Now when I go to that link the whole thing is just blank.

The problem at the moment is that the path to your 'juicebox.js file (within your 'adriannelugo.com/juicebox_portfolio.html' page) is incorrect. The path leads to 'adriannelugo.com/jbcore/juicebox.js' but the JavaScript file is not there.

It took me an hour to do all this and redo all my links and move my other images around so this is getting frustrating.

None of this (redoing links and moving images around) should be necessary.
If all you want to do is have a full page Juicebox gallery accessible at 'adriannelugo.com/juicebox_portfolio.html', then all you need to do is:
(1) Create a gallery in JuiceboxBuilder-Lite and save the gallery to a new empty folder.
(2) Rename the 'index.html' file (inside the gallery folder) to 'juicebox_portfolio.html'. (This is not a necessary step but it looks like the page name you'd like to use and you may have existing links elsewhere within your site that use this page name.)
(3) Upload the contents of your gallery folder (not the gallery folder itself) to your web root directory (your 'public_html' folder).

That's essentially it. You're using the gallery's own 'index.html' file (although renamed) so there is no need to copy and paste any embedding code (it's already present in the gallery's 'index.html' file). There is also no need to rename any other files, change any paths or change the structure of the gallery by moving any files.

I hope this helps to clarify the process for you.

I figured it out! Thanks. What I didn't realize is that when I saved the page in JuiceboxBuilder-Lite that the program created the gallery webpage on its own! I was creating my own gallery page and then trying to direct the the hyperlinks to that page instead of to the page that JuiceboxBuilder-Lite was creating. That's why the Config.xml file was pointing in the wrong direction that whole time. Again thanks for your help and have a great day!

I figured it out!

I'm glad that you've been able to resolve your problem. Thank you for letting me know.

What I didn't realize is that when I saved the page in JuiceboxBuilder-Lite that the program created the gallery webpage on its own!

Yes. JuiceboxBuilder-Lite creates an 'index.html' page which is ideal for displaying the gallery on a page of its own without any other content. You would need to follow the embedding instructions only if you want to embed the gallery into an existing page alongside other content.

Again thanks for your help...

You're welcome.

... and have a great day!

You, too!