Topic: LR6 Juicebox Error: Config file not found

Hello,

I've recently installed LR6 and am getting the above error within Lightroom when editing a gallery.

It happens when I make an adjustment to, for example, the Thumbs Frame Width, or some other attribute.

It does not happen every time, but within a few edits, it happens.  The gallery displayed within the Web module of LR6 is gone, and this message appears in its place.  I go back to Library, then back to Web to work on the gallery some more, perhaps losing some changes.  Within a few more edits, this message is displayed again.

I never saw this with LR5.  I thought maybe I should update the JBPro plugin so I updated from 1.4.x to 1.5, and still get the same error.

Help?

Re: LR6 Juicebox Error: Config file not found

FYI - I have gone back to LR5 and the problem does not occur.  Is this a known issue with Juicebox Pro in LR6?

Please see this forum thread which seems to describe the same problem that you are having.
Unfortunately, I still cannot replicate the problem on my own PC with Lightroom 6.6.1/CC 2015.6.1.
As I note in the forum thread, the sliders are generated using standard Lightroom SDK code and their functionality is handled by Lightroom itself (refreshing the live preview window when their values change).
The only workaround I have been able to find is to disable the live update and refresh the gallery manually when required (details in this forum post).

The problem could also be related to a known issue in Lightroom CC 2015.5.1.

Known Issue

Image flickers when moving an adjustment slider.  Note that this only occurs when using certain AMD graphics cards (such as 6450M and 6970M) on Mac OS 10.11 (El Capitan). We are working with our partners to resolve this issue. In the meantime, you can workaround this issue by disabling “Use Graphics Processor” in Lightroom’s preferences.

If you use a Mac with AMD graphics, then you might like to try the troubleshooting suggestion here.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for your helpful reply.

Since I had just installed LR6, I was using whatever version comes down initially.  Today I noticed the Adobe Updater indicated an update was available, and I updated to the latest version (6.6.1).  I am no longer experiencing this problem, at least having just spent 10 minutes successfully editing the gallery I was having issues with a couple nights ago.

Thanks!
Thomas

I am no longer experiencing this problem...

That's great to hear! Thank you for letting me know.
Just out of interest, are you a Mac OS 10.11 (El Capitan) user with an AMD graphics card (such as 6450M and 6970M)?
If so, then it looks like the problem may have been the known issue from Lightroom CC 2015.5.1 which might now have been fixed in Lightroom CC 2015.6.1.
(Otherwise, I'm not sure what the problem was but I'm still glad that it seems to have been resolved.)

Yes, I use an imac 27" with OSX 10.11 and an AMD Radeon HD 6970M.

Being a software developer myself, I suspect that your intuition on another similar thread is right -- that there was a bug related to the writing of the config.xml file after a gallery change, such that the file was not found (or it was read while writing was incomplete) when the in-lightroom web-viewer tried to display.  But who knows.

In any case, things are working fine now.  Thanks for your help.

You're welcome.
Thanks for the additional info.

Unfortunately the error occurred again, so it is apparently not completely fixed.  However, it has only happened once in the last day of working.  It happened when I was dragging the stage padding width around dramatically and the LR6 web preview was struggling to keep up, so it does seem to be related to LR ability to write the new config.xml efficiently on change (and the preview mechanism not waiting until it is written to attempt a refresh).

I'm sorry to hear that the problem has returned.

If reloading the page (by pressing Cmd+R (Mac), Ctrl+R (Windows) or by selecting 'Web -> Reload' from the drop-down menu at the top) clears the problem when it occurs, then maybe it is something that you can live with.

Otherwise, you might like to disable the auto-update functionality (check out this forum post) and refresh the live preview window manually when required.

It is certainly a problem that appears to manifest itself only on certain systems. As I mentioned, I have never seen the problem myself on my own PC using the current version of the plugin (v1.5.0) with the current version of Lightroom (v6.6.1).

Thanks for keeping me updated.