Topic: Right Click Save As

This feature is disabled when viewing on a computer but it seems that when using a smartphone the picture can still be saved.

For example ... if I view a gallery on my Android phone, I can long press the picture and I get a menu that allows me to download the picture.  Can this also be disabled?

Please advise.

Re: Right Click Save As

You could try incorporating the solution found in this forum thread into the web page containing your gallery.

This Android Developers Blog page also describes how the default behavior of the long press can be overridden.

To help prevent unauthorized use of your images, you may like to watermark your images (a feature found on the 'Images' tab of JuiceboxBuilder-Pro) as, no matter what precautions you take, you cannot prevent users from taking a screenshot of your gallery.
Also, I would recommend keeping the file size and quality of your images to a level suitable for web gallery use but not high enough for other uses such as printing.

I would recommend keeping the file size and quality of your images to a level suitable for web gallery use but not high enough for other uses such as printing.

Question about file size and quality. In using Juicebox Builder Pro, I have gone with a setting of Max image Size of 1024x768 and let it resize my images down from the larger files I have started with. By doing so isn't it discarding any excessive resolution that is not needed to support more than that? Is there anything that should be done to assist with faster download times without sacrificing too much visual quality?

I have gone with a setting of Max image Size of 1024x768 and let it resize my images down from the larger files I have started with.

This sounds ideal. When creating a gallery with JuiceboxBuilder-Pro using the default settings (of 1024px x 768px at 80% quality), the resulting images will be approximately 120KB each.
This is usually a good compromise between file size and image quality for web gallery use.

By doing so isn't it discarding any excessive resolution that is not needed to support more than that?

That is correct.

Is there anything that should be done to assist with faster download times without sacrificing too much visual quality?

The default settings usually work well for most images (and it sounds like you are happy with your own results) but you may want to tweak the quality setting (on JuiceboxBuilder-Pro's 'Images -> Image Size -> Change...' section) if your resized images do not look visually pleasing.

You could also try changing the imagePreloading configuration option (in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro's  'Customize -> Main Image' section) from the default value of 'PAGE' to either 'NEXT' or 'NONE' to prevent the browser from initially caching all the main images on the first thumbnail page. This should speed up the initial loading of your gallery if it seems slow.
However, if your gallery loads quite quickly already, you may not need to do this and keeping imagePreloading="PAGE" may be beneficial.