Topic: Juicebox LR Plugin question

I have a theme built in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro that I would like to apply to any gallery I export out of Lightroom. Is there a way to apply my preset so that I can avoid a trip to JuiceboxBuilder-Pro for each gallery I export?

Re: Juicebox LR Plugin question

Yes. You could open the plugin's 'juicebox.lrwebengine/config.xml' file in a plain text editor and add your preset's XML options to the opening <juiceboxgallery> tag.
Then, each time you create a gallery using the plugin, your options will be used.

That worked. To change the background color, it needs to be specified in both the config.xml and in the index.html, which was a little counter-intuitive.

The backgroundColor can be set in either the XML file ('config.xml') or the embedding code (in the 'index.html' file). If set in both, Juicebox will use the value set in the embedding code.

5 (edited by laurie 2012-06-09 08:39:29)

I can confirm that this works well. 

If you open the plugin's 'juicebox.lrwebengine/config.xml' file and add your preset's XML options to the opening <juiceboxgallery> tag, each time you create a gallery using the plugin, your options will be used.

There is I believe a small bug that is if you enter html code (e.g. <br>) in the title field in Lightroom the plugin hangs.  This also applies if it is in the presets XML options.

Getting around this bug is the only reason I have to go into JuiceboxBuilder-Pro after creating in Lightroom.

I would agree with another poster that development of more options in Lightroom would be a good selling point (and a great convenience). 

There is a limited number of good configurable web engines for Lightroom.  On a commercial note I believe that buyers of Lightroom are typically people who will pay for good automation.

There is I believe a small bug that is if you enter html code (e.g. <br>) in the title field in Lightroom the plugin hangs.  This also applies if it is in the presets XML options.

Thank you for reporting. I will log a bug report and hopefully this can be fixed in a future version.

Unfortunately, this is a known issue for which there is no known fix. However, if you delete the HTML code from the 'Gallery Title' text field, the Live Preview window should return to normal.

As i discovered with the "&" char in title (http://juicebox.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=296) the "<br />" can probably been used in the title if written like that: "&lt;br /&gt;". Quick test worked so far for me.

@fabian

That is correct. Please see this forum post in reply to your own query.