Topic: 1.5.0 won't create new gallery or open existing gallery [SOLVED]

An old gallery I made works fine if I open the index.html file in Safari so I know that components (config.xml, for example) are okay.

I have updated Adobe Air to Version 22 and JuiceBoxPro to 1.5.0

When I run the JuiceBox.app, I can't create a new gallery (clicking on New does nothing). I can't open an existing gallery, either (I can navigate to the directory, but nothing happens).

Any ideas how to debug ?

Thank you !
Logan

Re: 1.5.0 won't create new gallery or open existing gallery [SOLVED]

Please try the following:

(1) Uninstall JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.

(2) Manually delete the following folder from your hard drive:
/Users/your_username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AIR/ELS/JuiceboxBuilder-Pro

(3) Search your hard drive for the term 'JuiceboxBuilder-Pro' and delete all entries found.

(4) Follow the procedure above (Steps #1 - #3) for JuiceboxBuilder-Lite, too.
JuiceboxBuilder-Lite and JuiceboxBuilder-Pro can both be installed and run side by side on the same computer but, being that you are experiencing problems, it might be wise to completely clear your system of all JuiceboxBuilder files before reinstalling JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.

(5) Reinstall JuiceboxBuilder-Pro following the instructions here.

Hopefully this will help.

Also, please let me know what operating system version you are using.
Another user has reported a similar issue (in this forum thread) under OS X 10.11.5 but it turned out that his Mac was behaving strangely in other ways, too (such as not being able to boot into safe mode).

Clearing out the old files in the ~/Library solved the problem. Thank you !

I'm glad that solved your problem.
Thank you for letting me know.

Hi.

On further investigation, it looks like the problem may be due to opening a gallery located in a Google Drive synced folder.

I have been able to replicate very similar symptoms by opening a gallery from Google Drive: an unresponsive 'New Gallery...' button and an 'Open Gallery...' button which opens the 'Select Gallery Folder...' dialog but does not actually open a gallery.

To clear the problem (on a Windows 10 PC), the solution appears to be to close JuiceboxBuilder-Pro and manually delete the following folder:
C:\Users\Username\Documents\JuiceboxBuilder-Pro\.tempGallery
(On a Mac, search for .tempGallery, make sure the search result is inside a parent folder named 'JuiceboxBuilder-Pro' and delete the folder.)

Also, to avoid this problem, I would recommend that you open your galleries from folders that are not synced to online file sharing services (such as Google Drive). If your gallery folders are stored on Google Drive, you could perhaps copy them to your desktop before opening them in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.

A quick question for you:
Could you please let me know if your problem occurred after trying to open a gallery from Google Drive?
The more information we can gather regarding this issue, the better.
Many thanks!

I'm having this same problem in V1.5.1. Pro. I am unable to open existing or new galleries do you recommend the same as for the problem here. I am running MacBook Pro with High Sierra 10.13.3. I just bought your product a couple of weeks ago. I have managed to create a few galleries up to now. What would you recommend?

@SeanO'Dwyer

Please see my reply to your query in the forum topic you created here.
Hopefully my notes will help to resolve your problem.

8 (edited by SeanO'Dwyer 2018-02-09 09:42:22)

@Steven @ Juicebox
Thanks for your help so far.
I tried all that last night. After deleting named files suggested without success,  I deinstalled and reinstalled  ... but with no luck at all having followed all your instructions. (I think most of them are aimed at a PC) Do you have any other advice ?

I am committed to the app being involved with someone else in designing my current website around it (seanodwyer.com). I am sure it can be solved,
please remember I am running a MacBook on High Sierra 10.13.3  .

One thing though When I tried moving all the old Juicebox files out of the folder of images it did look for a config.xml file but nothing happened when I supplied it by inserting it back in.

The "New Gallery" button doesn't work at all, it fails even to open the finder... The software looks dead on the desktop.

Its not responding from the menu bar either  the Gallery>New and Gallery>Open are highlighted in black but don't work. The help links are functioning .   I'd be grateful for your advice.

@SeanO'Dwyer

I have responded to your last post over in your thread over here.
Let's try to keep everything in one thread (otherwise information relating to your problem may be split over two separate threads). Thanks!