Topic: HTTPS - Juicebox Error: Config XML file not found [SOLVED]

Hi Steven & others,

It's been awhile, but i'm back for some support. Hope you can help ;)

I activated SSL/HTTPS on my website, but now Juicebox isn't working anymore, saying "Juicebox Error: Config XML file not found".
From the Chrome console (ctrl+shift+J) i receive two errors;

1)

Mixed Content: The page at '[url]https://www.wootabulous.com/urban-exploring-teval-factory/[/url]' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure image '[url]http://juicebox.net/img/jb001.png[/url]'. This content should also be served over HTTPS.

2)

GET [url]https://www.wootabulous.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-juicebox/config.php?gallery_id=2[/url] 403 (Forbidden)

Is there a way to get Juicebox up and running using SSL/HTTPS?

Thanks for your help!

Re: HTTPS - Juicebox Error: Config XML file not found [SOLVED]

Issue #1:

This issue affects Juicebox-Lite only.
The image referred to in the error message (and being loaded over HTTP) is used only in Juicebox-Lite.
If you were to upgrade WP-Juicebox to use Juicebox-Pro instead of Juicebox-Lite (following the instructions here), then this would avoid the issue.

We now have an SSL certificate in place for juicebox.net and in the next version of Juicebox-Lite, the image will be loaded over HTTPS resolving the issue.

Issue #2:

Please see this forum thread for suggestions on how to troubleshoot this issue.
I suspect your problem might be #5 in the list.
I hope this helps.

Thanks a lot Steven,

Great support!

Issue #1:
I see i bought my Pro version somewhere in August 2013. Version 1.3.2.
I quess it can't be updated to 1.4.4 without license renewal?
I lost my download link, but i just requested a new one via the website.

Issue #2:
As my site got hacked more then once, i tightened security using SSL and some WP_ security plugins. I see my htacces file got filled with lots of information, but i quess most of it need to be in there. "Deny from all" is listed several times, but i don't want to delete or change them all to "Allow from all", also for security reasons. These are all listings in my htaccess file with keywords "Deny from all":

# BEGIN All In One WP Security
#AIOWPS_BLOCK_WP_FILE_ACCESS_START
<Files license.txt>
order allow,deny
deny from all
</files>
<Files wp-config-sample.php>
order allow,deny
deny from all
</Files>
<Files readme.html>
order allow,deny
deny from all
</Files>
#AIOWPS_BLOCK_WP_FILE_ACCESS_END
#AIOWPS_BASIC_HTACCESS_RULES_START
<Files .htaccess>
order allow,deny
deny from all
</Files>
ServerSignature Off
LimitRequestBody 10240000
<Files wp-config.php>
order allow,deny
deny from all
</Files>
#AIOWPS_BASIC_HTACCESS_RULES_END
#AIOWPS_PINGBACK_HTACCESS_RULES_START
<Files xmlrpc.php>
order deny,allow
deny from all
</Files>
#AIOWPS_PINGBACK_HTACCESS_RULES_END
#AIOWPS_DEBUG_LOG_BLOCK_HTACCESS_RULES_START
<Files debug.log>
order deny,allow
deny from all
</Files>

Do you happen to know which one to edit, perhaps?

Thanks a lot again for your help!

I quess it can't be updated to 1.4.4 without license renewal?

You can upgrade from v1.3.2 to the latest version (v1.4.4.2) free of charge.
Please see the 'Juicebox Upgrade Policy' on the Upgrading Juicebox support page.

Customers who have purchased Juicebox-Pro are eligible for free upgrades within the same major version number. For example if you buy version 1.0.0, all 1.x.x updates are provided free of charge.

I lost my download link, but i just requested a new one via the website.

That's exactly what to do. The admin team will find your purchase and send you a new download link.
For anyone else reading this post, the Download Link Request Form can be found here.

Do you happen to know which one to edit, perhaps?

It doesn't look like any of the entries you posted would be responsible for the problem you reported.
Try temporarily removing the .htaccess file completely (just rename the .htaccess file, check the WP-Juicebox functionality and then rename the .htaccess file back to its original name afterwards) to see if this helps. If it does help, then you'll know that there is an entry in the file which is responsible for the problem.
You might need some trial and error (removing portions of your .htaccess file bit by bit) to see if you can find the code causing the problem.
Perhaps you could post the full content of your .htaccess file so that I can take a look at all the code.

As my site got hacked more then once, i tightened security using SSL and some WP_ security plugins.

The .htaccess file may have been built up by your security plugins.
Rather than check and edit the .htaccess file manually, you could try to figure out which plugin has added the code causing the problem.
Try temporarily deactivating all your security plugins and reactivate them one-by-one, checking the WP-Juicebox functionality after each one, to see if you can find a conflicting plugin.

5 (edited by banaandigitaal 2016-03-19 18:00:52)

Hi Steven, thanks a lot for your support!
Both issues have been fixed now and i'm running the latest PRO version :)

The second issue was solved by deactivating this option in my new All in One WP Security & Firewall plugin:

http://www.vpngamer.com/pictures/issue.png

Hope this could be of help to others using WP_Juicebox and All in One WP Security & Firewall plugins.

Edit: i'm sorry i cannot seem to get the picture inline..

I'm glad you've been able to resolve your problem. Thank you for letting me know.

Hope this could be of help to others using WP_Juicebox and All in One WP Security & Firewall plugins.

Thank you for sharing your findings. Hopefully it will help other users.

Edit: i'm sorry i cannot seem to get the picture inline..

No problem. (The forum does not allow images to be embedded within posts.)