Topic: WP Plugin Not Working, Click on JuiceBox button nothing happens

I just installed the plugin with the latest version of Wordpress. I tried to edit a page and use the create gallery button - but nothing happened.... ?

Re: WP Plugin Not Working, Click on JuiceBox button nothing happens

Here are a few things to check/try:

(1) The most likely cause of such a problem is a conflict with a theme or plugin.
Try temporarily reverting to the default WordPress theme (Twenty Fourteen) to see if this helps.

(2) If not, then try temporarily deactivating all plugins other than WP-Juicebox and reactivate them one-by-one (checking WP-Juicebox's functionality after each one) to see if you can find the source of the conflict.

(3) Please try clearing your browser's cache and trying again.
This will ensure that your browser fetches and uses the most recent versions of the WP-Juicebox files from your web server.

(4) If you use the BulletProof Security plugin, then this may be the cause of your problem and you will need to add a skip/bypass rule to the .htaccess file in your root directory as follows:

# Juicebox skip/bypass rule
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/wp-content/plugins/wp-juicebox/ [NC]
RewriteRule . - [S=13]

(5) If you do not use the BulletProof Security plugin, then please check your .htaccess file for an entry such as:

<Files *.php>
    deny from all
</Files>

If you find such an entry, either comment it out or remove it.

(6) Also, try checking the permissions of the files and folders in the 'wp-content/plugins/wp-juicebox/' directory on your web server to make sure that they are not too restrictive. Default permissions of 755 for folders and 644 for files should be fine.

Hopefully one of these suggestions will help.

Thank you I will look into these and check back, thanks!

Ok so a quick test shows that the plugin works fine on a regular page using default template, but there is an issue with using the Page Composer template - which unfortunately I need to use to have my layouts the way I want.... any suggestions? Have you heard of this conflict before? thanks

If Page Composer replaces the default WordPress editor (TinyMCE) in the backend with a third-party alternative, then WP-Juicebox will not be compatible with it. (WP-Juicebox will have no knowledge of the editor or how to insert a shortcode into the editor's content.)
WP-Juicebox should work fine with all variants of the CKEditor/FCKEditor and TinyMCE editors.

If you are still using the default WordPress editor but the problem remains, I would be happy to investigate further. However, if the plugin you are using is Visual Composer, it is not free and I am unable to download it to examine its source code and to try to replicate the problem for myself. Therefore, I would need access to your web server and WordPress installation to see the problem for myself and to try to figure out what is causing it. If you are agreeable to this, please let me know and I will email you with an address where you can send me your FTP and WordPress login details.