- Support Home
- Creating Galleries
- Configuration Options
- Embedding Guide
- » Embedding in a HTML Page
- » Using an External Gallery Folder
- » Using an External jbcore Folder
- » Embedding Multiple Galleries
- » Embedding Using Dreamweaver
- » Embedding in a Joomla Site
- » Embedding in a Drupal Site
- » Embedding in a Web Template Site
- » Embedding with iWeb
- » Embedding with Adobe Muse
- » Troubleshooting Pathing Problems
- » Expand Gallery Behavior
- Frequently Asked Questions
- JuiceboxBuilder User Guide
- Version History
- Upgrading Juicebox
- Sharing, SEO and Shopping Cart
- Theming Guide
- Using the API
JuiceboxBuilder is a desktop application that allows you to easily build Juicebox galleries. JuiceboxBuilder will automatically resize images, create all the required files and generate HTML embed code.
For an overview of JuiceboxBuilder's features, take the tour.
To install JuiceboxBuilder, do this:
- If you don't have it already, download and install Adobe AIR.
- Download and unzip Juicebox to your desktop. JuiceBox-Lite can be downloaded from here. The Juicebox-Pro download link is emailed to you upon purchase.
- Double-click the
JuiceboxBuilder.airfile in the download folder to install JuiceboxBuilder. Installation issues? Check here to resolve.
To resolve installation issues, check here.
Ready to build your first gallery? Here's how:
- Run JuiceboxBuilder.
- Click 'New Gallery...'.
- Browse for images or add via drag and drop. To change image order, drag and drop images in the image list. Enter image caption text in the image list items.
- Click 'Customize' button on top menu. Modify config options, or select a gallery preset. View a description of all config options here.
- Click 'Publish' button on top menu. Click 'Browse...' to a select a new gallery folder location. Click 'Save' to save your new gallery and open it in a browser.
A Preset is a collection of previously saved config options. Use presets to easily create multiple galleries with shared options. Once you have customized your gallery to your liking, you can save the current gallery config options as a 'preset'.
- To save current gallery options as a preset, do 'Presets -> Save Preset...'. This will save the current gallery options as a preset file. By default, preset files are saved in a 'JuiceboxBuilder-Pro' folder in the user's documents folder.
- To load a preset, do 'Presets -> Load Preset...'. This will overwrite the current gallery options with the contents of the preset file.
JuiceboxBuilder has the following known issues:
- Audio playback does not work in JuiceboxBuilder. To test audio playback, preview the gallery in a browser.
- The Customize panel live gallery preview may not render all elements with 100% fidelity (for example thumbnail frames and drop-shadows). To get a more accurate preview do Gallery -> Preview.
- JuiceboxBuilder assumes the default config file location (config file is in the gallery folder and is called config.xml).
- If 'expandInNewPage' is set to TRUE, expanding the gallery will not work within the JuiceboxBuilder interface, or if the gallery is run locally. To avoid this issue, please upload your gallery to a webserver.
- On Windows you may need to right-click and select 'Run as Administrator...' before running the installer.
- JuiceboxBuilder requires Adobe AIR 2.0 or higher. View Adobe AIR system requirements. To resolve Adobe AIR installation issues, check the AIR Installation Troubleshooting Guide.
- If you receive the message "The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged" when running the JuiceboxBuilder.air installer:
- On Windows - You could be launching the installer from a restricted file system or network drive. Try copying the installer to your desktop and install from there.
- On Mac - Unmount drives other than main drive (including time machine backups) and retry installation.
- It is possible that the application didn't download completely. Retry downloading the installer.
- If you receive the message "This application cannot be installed because this installer has been mis-configured. Please contact the application author for assistance." you need to uninstall the previous version of JuiceboxBuilder before installing the new version.
- On Windows: Use Control Panel -> Add / Remove Programs.
- On Mac: Delete the 'JuiceboxBuilder' file from Applications folder