Topic: Folders In Gallery

Greetings ~ I am evaluating Juicebox for use as our website photo gallery function. I very much like what I see to this point. I have one question: will Juicebox allow "folders" within the gallery? We are a retreat center and hold events throughout the year. It would be great to have photos sorted by event. Thank you for your help!

Re: Folders In Gallery

Juicebox-Pro does not have built-in support for creating, indexing and displaying multiple galleries.
It is not possible to have folders within a gallery.

With Juicebox-Pro, you would be able to create as many individual galleries as you like. However, if you would like to link them all together (with a menu of gallery names, for example), then you would need to do so manually following the instructions and examples in the Embedding Multiple Galleries support section.
You can view the source of the online demo pages in your browser and copy/modify them to suit your own needs (swapping the sample galleries for your own).
Knowledge of HTML would certainly be helpful.

If you are looking for an automated solution to creating and listing multiple galleries, then you might be interested in another one of our products - Showkase.

Showkase is a PHP web application which allows you to create a complete portfolio web site (integrating multiple galleries) online.
Showkase has full support for Juicebox-Pro (and SimpleViewer-Pro) galleries and the galleries can be created within the application itself in a web browser interface (or created with JuiceboxBuilder and imported).

You can create Gallery Index pages and have as many galleries listed on each Gallery Index page as you wish.
Each gallery is represented by a thumbnail image with the gallery title displayed below and the gallery is opened when the user clicks on the image.

You could have a separate gallery for each of your events and have all the galleries listed on a Gallery Index page. (You could split things up further if you like and have a separate Gallery Index page for each year.)

Demo sites created with Showkase can be found here and a sample Gallery Index page can be found here.

Showkase can also create non-gallery pages (About, Basic and Contact pages) where you can add information about yourself (or any other content you like).
All of this is done automatically within the Showkase interface without the need for any manual coding at all.

Showkase can be purchased as Showkase-Standard (which comes with Juicebox-Lite and SimpleViewer-Standard, the free versions) or Showkase-Pro (which comes with Juicebox-Pro and SimpleViewer-Pro).
The only difference between Showkase-Standard and Showkase-Pro is the bundled viewers.

More information on the differences between Juicebox and Showkase can be found in this forum thread.

I hope you find this information useful.

Thank you for the reply ~ I had stumbled across Showkase earlier and realized that it was the answer. Still getting to know Juicebox and getting it to work with our website. Thanks again!

You're welcome.
I'm glad you found Showkase. It certainly sounds like it would be a better solution for you than just Juicebox alone.