Topic: OPEN GALLERY...What??

First of all, I'm happy with Juicebox...but this may seem like the dumbest question.

I have embedded the gallery on an exisiting web page. It see it. It works

BUT when I go back to Juicebox to edit and I click on OPEN GALLERY, what am I am opening? It's not like it's looking for a specific file. It appears to be looking for a folder...well I go to the folder where I placed the original Juicebox files...but it finds nothing....even though everything is there. What is it looking for when I click OPEN GALLERY?

Alex

Re: OPEN GALLERY...What??

When you click the 'Open Gallery...' button, you should navigate towards and select the gallery folder (not a specific file).
The gallery folder must contain the gallery's XML file and the XML file must be named 'config.xml' (the default filename as used by JuiceboxBuilder).
If you have moved or renamed the XML file, the gallery will not be able to be opened by JuiceboxBuilder.

I recommend that you save each gallery to its own separate folder.
This should help to keep things organized and avoids the need to rename any XML files (which you would need to do if you stored multiple galleries in a single folder).
If you keep each gallery in its own folder and upload the complete gallery folders to your web server, then you can embed them in web pages using the baseUrl method of embedding as documented here.

I hope this helps.

Okay, I think I got it. Thank you Steven.

I thought I was being smart by uploading all the file into my root folder. because I wanted to embed in an old badly designed gallery page. Of course uploading index file could have been a big problem. Once I get this down I will probably go pro.
Alex

I thought I was being smart by uploading all the file into my root folder. because I wanted to embed in an old badly designed gallery page.

When using the baseUrl method of embedding, it does not matter where on your web server you upload the gallery folder to as long as the two paths in the embedding code (the path to the 'juicebox.js' file and the baseUrl itself, pointing towards the gallery folder) are correct.
You can essentially upload the gallery folder to anywhere on your server and still embed the gallery in any web page anywhere else on your server (as long as the paths in the embedding code are correct).

Of course uploading index file could have been a big problem.

Using the baseUrl method and keeping all the gallery files inside a gallery folder will prevent any existing files on your web server (such as an 'index.html' page) from being overwritten (as long as the name of the gallery folder itself does not clash with an existing directory name).