1 (edited by md.michel 2016-05-27 10:18:21)

Topic: Image quality

I prefer high quality for my images. So, to keep quality "100", I edit the file config.xml.
And after, it's ok with full quality. But, why not to expand a little the space from 99 tor read 100 in the editor where 100 is a little cuted now) ? An so, it'would be not necessary to edit the file config.xml.

Re: Image quality

I have notified the developers of this but you might like to post your suggestion in the Feature Requests forum thread.
This keeps all the ideas together and ensures that they are not overlooked by the developers.
Thank you.

However, there should be very little visual difference between an image processed at 99% quality and the same image processed at 100% quality.
Also, I find that the law of diminishing returns usually kicks in somewhere around 90% when file size starts to rise considerably with little noticeable increase in visual quality.
JuiceboxBuilder-Pro's default value of 80% is usually a good compromise between file size and visual quality (although it will certainly depend on the images being compressed).

You could choose to resize your images in an imaging program (such as Adobe Photoshop) prior to using JuiceboxBuilder-Pro and deselect the 'Resize Images' checkbox on JuiceboxBuilder-Pro's 'Images' tab.
JuiceboxBuilder-Pro will then copy the source images across to the gallery's 'images' folder without resizing them at all.

Thanks! I will deselect the 'Resize Images' checkbox.

I'm glad to hear that deselecting the 'Resize Images' checkbox is a suitable workaround for you.
Your original point (the inability to set the resize quality to 100%) has now been logged as an issue and hopefully it will be addressed in a future version.