Topic: Clarification of "FIXED - Caption area extends beyond image" [SOLVED]

Steven: could you clarify what is meant by the change in 1.5.0 by "FIXED - Caption area extends beyond image"? If this is as straight-forward as it seems, I may have to post a feature request, to add a configuration option to let the caption be wider than the image.

Take a look at, say, my gallery http://www.billanddot.com/victory-xct/ -- the first image will do. The caption starts at the very left of the screen, well beyond the left side of the image (at least on a browser window with a fair amount of pixels). If I understand the latest fix correctly, the caption will be moved to the right, and likely have to take up two lines (again, depending on the window resolution). This, in turn, will overlay more of the image (which is generally not desirable).

Do I understand the situation correctly, or am I misinterpreting the fix?

Thanks,

Bill P.

Re: Clarification of "FIXED - Caption area extends beyond image" [SOLVED]

The changelog refers to a certain issue when using captionPosition="OVERLAY_IMAGE" whereby the width of the caption area did not match the width of the main image. (They should both be the same.)
The bugfix does not affect the caption area when using captionPosition="OVERLAY" (the default value) as you do in your gallery.
If you were to update your gallery to v1.5.0, there should be no change to your gallery's caption area.

I hope this puts your mind at ease.

Steven wrote:

The changelog refers to a certain issue when using captionPosition="OVERLAY_IMAGE" whereby the width of the caption area did not match the width of the main image. (They should both be the same.)
The bugfix does not affect the caption area when using captionPosition="OVERLAY" (the default value) as you do in your gallery.
If you were to update your gallery to v1.5.0, there should be no change to your gallery's caption area.

I hope this puts your mind at ease.

You bet. Thanks.

You're welcome!