1 (edited by roatan 2016-04-21 18:55:11)

Topic: Jucibox-Pro Facebook

Hi
I use Adobe/Lightrom/JuceboxPro to build my Web Gallery, I then upload them with Dreamweaver to the web. Example: http://www.roatan.ws/slide-shows/photoweek/test/ I then click on the FB link to post to FB roatan.ws It will post the same picture over and over again not allowing me to post any other picture. Its like it defaults to the same one. I have worked with Adobe extensively with no resolution. Can you help?
Bob

Re: Jucibox-Pro Facebook

It is not possible to have the shared image's thumbnail displayed in the pop-up Facebook share window due to limitations imposed by Facebook on what data can be passed via their share URL. Only one thumbnail image can be used per web page. (The link will still point towards the correct image within your gallery, though.)

The image used in the pop-up Facebook share window is set using an Open Graph og:image meta tag in the <head> section of your web page, such as the following:

<meta property="og:image" content="http://www.example.com/images/thumbnail.jpg" />

Please see here for more details on the Open Graph protocol.

If you create a gallery with JuiceboxBuilder-Pro, an og:image meta tag will be automatically generated and included in the gallery's 'index.html' file (pointing towards the first image in the gallery). If you are embedding your gallery in an existing web page alongside other content, then you will need to add an og:image meta tag manually.

Although the thumbnail image displayed in the pop-up Facebook share window will always be the same one (specified via the og:image meta tag), the link being shared will still point correctly towards the shared image in the gallery. You should notice that the URL being shared ends with something like #2 or #17 where the number represents the image in the gallery. When a user clicks on a shared link, the corresponding shared image will be opened in the gallery.

I understand now why it works the way it does. I still have the same problems "my users can't post and share the correct photo".
Do you have a fix, other app or know of anything that will work properly?

Due to the nature of how Facebook works (taking the share image from an og:image tag in the web page), it would be very difficult for a gallery which is displayed from a single web page (such as a Juicebox gallery) to have the share image correspond to the image being shared.

I still have the same problems "my users can't post and share the correct photo".

As I mentioned above, although the share image (the thumbnail displayed in the Facebook pop-up share window) will always be the same one, the link being shared will still point towards the correct image in the gallery (the image currently being displayed in the gallery when the Facebook button is clicked).

For Juicebox, you really need to think of the share image as representing the gallery as a whole.
With this in mind, you could change the og:image tag in your gallery's web page to have the share image be any image you like. It does not need to be an image in your gallery.

If you really want to have the share image correspond to the image being shared, then you would need to find a gallery type which creates a separate web page for each image (so that each page/image can have its own og:image entry).
The downside to this type of gallery would be that it would likely be a standalone set of web pages rather than something that you could embed in an existing web page alongside other content (like you can with Juicebox).
Ideally, you would need to find a gallery that not only creates a separate web page for each image but also one that has built-in Facebook support so that og:image entries are generated automatically. Otherwise, it might be quite a time-consuming task to add an og:image entry manually for each image in your gallery.

Unfortunately, off the top of my head, I do not know of such a gallery type and a web search might be helpful.