Topic: Help with adding icons [SOLVED]

Hi, I'm having an issue that I haven't been able to solve and I don't know if it's possible so reaching out for help here. In my gallery I want to add small colored icons next to the text that is in the caption where it's in the text that overlays the image. These would be very small images (like small colored dots basically) and would be used to show different categories inside the gallery. And they would just go in line with the text of the title of the image.

Has anyone done something like this successfully? I can't figure it out so would love any help I could get here. Thanks!

Re: Help with adding icons [SOLVED]

You could maybe create a custom font (with whatever icons you want to use as characters) with an online app such as IcoMoon.
You could then load the font into your gallery's web page and use your new custom characters in your image titles and captions.

You could use HTML formatting within your image titles and captions (as noted in this FAQ below) to ensure that the correct font is used when required.
How do I add HTML formatting to image captions and titles?

For example, the 'juicebox' font (which contains the icons for the gallery) is already loaded into a gallery page but you could use one of its icons in an image caption as follows:

<caption><![CDATA[This is the Juicebox 'Back Button' icon: <span style="font-family: juicebox;">&#xe014</span>]]></caption>

More information about using IcoMoon in conjunction with Juicebox can be found in the Theming Guide. (It might not be directly related to your query but you might find it interesting.)

I hope this points you in the right direction.

Thanks so much!!! That was perfect and it totally solved what I needed to do. Thanks again!

You're welcome!
I'm glad you were able to achieve what you wanted to do.
Thank you for letting me know.