1 (edited by biped 2016-02-26 18:55:47)

Topic: thumbnails full screen - swich to main image full screen

Can I configure Juicebox to either show thumbnails only on a page (i.e. no enlarged image) - and then to switch to full screen on a selected image (with forward back buttons as per standard configuration available in juicebox menu options)

One gets close (visually only) to what I want when one configures multiple columns of thumbs  (that shrinks the selected image)and sets up the main window to open without thumbnails. It would extend the capability of juicebox a lot if this was a standard menu option - but for now I would be happy to manuially tweak one gallery to work in this way. Thanks

Re: thumbnails full screen - swich to main image full screen

Try setting screenMode="SMALL" (in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro's 'Customize -> General' section).
In Small Screen Mode, the user will be presented with a grid of thumbnails from which a main image can be selected. The user can return to the thumbnail page via the Thumbnail Button (showSmallThumbsButton="TRUE").
Here is an example: http://www.juicebox.net/demos/pro/defau … Mode=SMALL

The number of thumbnails displayed will depend on the thumbnail dimensions (thumbWidth and thumbHeight) and the browser window size.
If all the thumbnails in the gallery cannot be displayed on a single page, then multiple thumbnail pages will be available and the user can flip between them via the thumbnail navigation buttons (showSmallThumbNav="TRUE").
You can choose whether or not to have the thumbnail paging text (e.g. "1 of 2") displayed via the showSmallPagingText configuration option.

showSmallThumbsButton, showSmallThumbNav and showSmallPagingText  can all be found in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro's 'Customize -> Thumbnails' section.

More information about Screen Modes can be found here.

thanks - that sort of works but the full sized images are only the smallest of the jpegs available in the gallery

for desktop machines - the splash image is blurrry and I would like to have 2000px wide pics loading for desktop machines

Naturally it would be best to have the appropriate sized jpeg load depending on browser size

any overrides ?

any overrides ?

Unfortunately not. If you are using a multi-size image gallery, then forcing Small Screen Mode will, indeed, load the smallest images. This behavior cannot be changed. The only solution would be to increase the resolution of your small images (although this would default the purpose of having a multi-size image gallery and you would probably just be as well having a single-size image gallery).

... the splash image is blurrry...

By default, the Splash Page uses the first image in the gallery. You can select a specific image to be used for the Splash Page instead via the splashImageUrl configuration option (in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro's 'Customize -> Splash Page').
This should at least solve your Splash Page problem (although please bear in mind that the same image would be used for the Splash Page in both Small and Large Screen Modes).