1 (edited by sirah24479 2016-02-23 20:27:00)

Topic: No photo appear on first page of gallery ( mobile version)

Dear sirs

i have the wp-juicebox pro Version 1.3.3.0

Everything works fine on computer and tablet but in mobile version when i am clicking on the gallery theres no photo.

please check the following photo

http://www.photo-e-scapes.gr/wp-content … e0bd71.png

i also tryed the latest version but i have a part of the photo and not all the photo on the fist thumb.

a)is it possible to load direct the photos  instead this first thumb photo?
b)or if i dont use the splash Page how to avoid scrolling when it loads this first thumb photo?

thanks in
advance

Re: No photo appear on first page of gallery ( mobile version)

I would recommend that you upgrade to the latest version of WP-Juicebox (v1.4.4.2) as many bugs have been fixed since v1.3.3.0
Please see the Juicebox Version History and the WP-Juicebox Version History for details.
Upgrading the plugin will automatically upgrade all your WP-Juicebox galleries at once without any further action.

If you still experience difficulties, I would rather troubleshoot a problem with the current version than with an older version known to have bugs which have since been fixed.
The current version of WP-Juicebox can be downloaded from the plugin's support page here.

i also tryed the latest version but i have a part of the photo and not all the photo on the fist thumb.

It sounds like your current theme might be using some custom CSS rules that the gallery is inheriting and which are affecting the display of your gallery. Try temporarily reverting to a default WordPress theme (such as Twenty Sixteen) to see if this makes a difference.

By default, the first image in the gallery is used for the Splash Page and it is cropped to fill the gallery area.
If you like, you can select a custom image to be used for your Splash Page (perhaps one more with an aspect ratio more suitable for your gallery's dimensions) via the splashImageUrl configuration option. This can be set in the Pro Options text area of the gallery settings window.

a)is it possible to load direct the photos  instead this first thumb photo?

Yes. Set showSplashPage="NEVER" (Pro Options).
If you want the main images to be initially displayed on mobile devices (rather than the grid of thumbnails), then set showSmallThumbsOnLoad="FALSE" (Pro Options).

b)or if i dont use the splash Page how to avoid scrolling when it loads this first thumb photo?

If you don't use the Splash Page, then the gallery will be embedded in your page at the dimensions you set via galleryWidth and galleryHeight. You have no control over the size of the browser window being used to view your web page (and your gallery) so it would be very difficult to guarantee that no scroll bars are required (unless you have the gallery on a page of its own with dimensions of 100% x 100%, which is what happens when expanding the gallery from the Splash Page).

If you continue to experience difficulties, then please post the URL to your gallery's web page so that I can take a look and investigate further.
Please also let me know what mobile devices and browsers you see the problems in (and what operating systems the mobile devices are running). Try viewing your gallery's web page in different browsers (Mobile Chrome, Mobile Firefox and Mobile Safari) to see if the problems are unique to certain browsers.

Please have a look here

http://www.photo-e-scapes.gr/?page_id=608

i have the problem on ios and android  (now i disable the splashpage) but it stills scrolling and i dont want that.

Ιs it possible to load the photos automaticaly on full screen to avoid this scrolling screen ? and if it possible to have full screen view automaticaly  on computer and tablet will be great.

P.S
Now i reinstall the new version of juicebox on my wordpress web site and i have this problem (when i enable the splashpage)

http://www.photo-e-scapes.gr/wp-content … c1b1cd.png

so i would like to load my photos automaticaly on full screen to avoid this problem

thanks again for your help

... it stills scrolling and i dont want that.

A WordPress page is not designed to fit everything into a browser window vertically without the need for scroll bars.
A WordPress page will typically just display the content of the page (in a vertical list style) and the browser will display scroll bars if necessary.
You could reduce the height of your gallery but this would not guarantee that the entire gallery would be seen without scroll bars in every possible size and shape of browser window.

What you are looking to do would certainly be possible but very difficult to achieve (if at all possible) within a WordPress environment. (You would need to know exact heights for all elements on your web page and use JavaScript and the Juicebox-Pro API to resize the gallery to fit within the remaining space.)
You would really need to have a completely different type of page layout that the type that WordPress provides.

Take a look at the Using a Resizable Gallery with a Header example, specifically the View Resizable Gallery with Top Menu Example.
This sample page uses a header and footer of fixed height and then uses JavaScript to dynamically resize the gallery to fill the remaining browser window area (without any scroll bars).
You could view the source of the sample page in your browser and copy/modify the code to suit your own needs (for example replacing the header content with your navigation menu and swapping the sample gallery for your own).

Ιs it possible to load the photos automaticaly on full screen to avoid this scrolling screen ? and if it possible to have full screen view automaticaly  on computer and tablet will be great.

If you are looking to have the gallery expand as soon as the web page is loaded, then you could either:
(1) Give people the link to your gallery page and add #expanded to the URL, for example: http://juicebox.net/demos/pro/embedded/#expanded
.. or:
(2) Expand the gallery on load using the Juicebox-Pro API (calling the toggleExpand() method when the onInitComplete() event is fired).
To see this in action, create a sample gallery with JuiceboxBuilder-Pro and replace the gallery's 'index.html' file with the code below.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
    <head>
        <meta charset="utf-8" />
        <style type="text/css">
            body {
                margin: 0px;
            }
        </style>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="jbcore/juicebox.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript">
            var jb = new juicebox({
                containerId: "juicebox-container",
                galleryHeight: "400",
                galleryWidth: "600",
                showExpandButton: "TRUE"
            });
            jb.onInitComplete = function() {
                jb.toggleExpand();
            };
        </script>
        <title>Test</title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <div id="juicebox-container"></div>
    </body>
</html>

However, I would not recommend either of these two methods. Juicebox was not designed with this functionality in mind and you might run into problems. I would just set showExpandButton="TRUE" and allow users to expand and close the gallery as required (as Juicebox was designed to do).

I have viewed your page_id=608 gallery (with the Splash Page disabled) on an iOS mobile device and the first image in the gallery displays OK. If you want the gallery to display the grid of thumbnails instead, then set showSmallThumbsOnLoad="TRUE". Alternatively, if you would like your gallery to always be displayed in Large Screen Mode (on all devices and in all browsers), then set screenMode="LARGE".
More information about Screen Modes can be found here.

i have this problem (when i enable the splashpage)

The problem is likely to be due to some CSS on your page which your gallery is inheriting and which is affecting the positioning or display of the Splash Page image.
As I suggested above, try temporarily reverting to a default WordPress theme (such as Twenty Sixteen) to see if this help.
If it does, then at least you will know that the CSS which affects your Splash Page originates from your current theme.
You can then reinstate your theme and use your browser's developer tools (usually accessible via the F12 key) to determine the cause of the problem (to see what CSS rules are being applied to the Splash Page image).
I would happily investigate further but I would need to see the problem live on your web server.
I understand that you might not want to have a problematic web page live on your web site but perhaps you could create a fresh page which demonstrates the problem and then publish it and post its URL but keep it hidden within your site (with no links to it from any of your other pages).