Topic: galleryTitle disapears

The galleryTitle disapears when i move the mouse out of the juicebox area.
Is there a setting that i can set?

Also i like to know if it is possible to put the juicebox area higher on the page,
of is this a restriction of the WP theme i use?

Regards,

RP

Re: galleryTitle disapears

The galleryTitle disapears when i move the mouse out of the juicebox area.
Is there a setting that i can set?

In Juicebox-Lite, the image overlay disappears after 4 seconds of inactivity or when the mouse hovers outside the gallery and, by default, the Gallery Title is positioned on the overlay.

There are certain configuration options you could use to change this behavior but they are all available to Juicebox-Pro only and are not supported by Juicebox-Lite.

(1) You could change inactivityTimeout to change the auto-hide time period (or set it to zero to disable the auto-hide functionality).
(2) You could change showImageOverlay from its default value of AUTO to ALWAYS (to always show the overlay).
(2) You could use galleryTitlePosition to place the gallery title in a non-overlay position (TOP or ABOVE_THUMBS).

Also i like to know if it is possible to put the juicebox area higher on the page,

Whether you insert your gallery's embedding code manually or use the WP-Juicebox plugin to insert a Juicebox shortcode, the gallery will appear in the content section of your page or post.
However, the location of of the page or post content will be determined by your WordPress theme.
If you like, you could post the URL to your gallery's web page.
I'll be happy to take a look and see if there is anything that you can do to move the gallery up your page.

Sorry for replying not sooner.

Here is the gallery: http://wp.raymondprins.com/blog/francebretagnenormandy

The galleryTitle is long i know. Is it possible to use multiple lines? Now the title hits the photo.

Regards,

rp

Thank you for providing the URL to your gallery's web page.

There are <p> and <br /> tags scattered throughout your gallery's embedding code which are introducing empty space and line breaks above your gallery.
It looks like these are being inserted by WordPress's wpautop function.

You could install a third-party plugin to disable the wpautop functionality, for example Toggle wpautop or wpautop control.
Otherwise, you could implement the manual solution from this forum thread.

Please note that you may need to re-enter your gallery's embedding code into your post (or manually remove the tags from the editor) after disabling wpautop (which should prevent the tags from being inserted in subsequent posts).

Alternatively, you could install the Raw HTML plugin and wrap the gallery's embedding code in [raw] ... [/raw] tags. This should prevent extra markup (such as <p> and <br /> tags) from being added to the HTML code by WordPress itself or any third-party theme or plugins.

The galleryTitle is long i know. Is it possible to use multiple lines?

Yes. You can use HTML line breaks (<br />) to split your Gallery Title into multiple lines.
Please see this FAQ:
How do I add HTML formatting to the Gallery Title or Back Button?

You could use a Gallery Title such as:

galleryTitle="France Bretagne&lt;br /&gt;Normandy"

Thank you for the input. The tech stuff i will look into it.

Your <br /> option does not work. Now the gallery will not load at all.
Yes i´m a user as you can see. Sorry! :-)

All XML entities within the Gallery Title (and any other configuration options in the gallery's XML file) need to be escaped. Otherwise they may break the structure of the XML file.

If you enter a Galley Title such as "France Bretagne<br />Normandy" into JuiceboxBuilder, the application will automatically escape the XML entities as required and the Gallery Title will become "France Bretagne&lt;br /&gt;Normandy" in the XML file.
However, if you edit your XML file manually, then you will need to escape the XML entitles yourself and enter:

galleryTitle="France Bretagne&lt;br /&gt;Normandy"

I have changed the code in my previous post to reflect this. Sorry for any confusion caused.

Basically, if you have any of the following characters in any configuration options in your gallery's XML file and you edit the XML file manually, then you will need to replace them as follows:

& - replace with &amp;
' - replace with &apos;
" - replace with &quot;
< - replace with &lt;
> - replace with &gt;

Thank you, this works perfectly.

I made some minor changes, but you showed me the right way!

Regards,

rp

I'm glad you've got it working.
Thank you for posting back to let me know.