Topic: Button bar & caption appear on hover

Hi,

I've only recently started using Juicebox, so apologies if this question has already been asked.

I've set the button bar and caption position to "None" and in Juicebox, the setting works: neither element is seen. However, when I save the gallery and view it in a browser (Safari 6.0; OS X 10.8), the button bar and caption appear when I hover over the main image.

What am I doing wrong? I'm using version 1.1.1.

thanks,
Fergus

Re: Button bar & caption appear on hover

Oh, one other thing I just noticed: if I use Juicebox's Preview option, the gallery works as expected (i.e., no button bar or captions). Weird!

Ok, I've figured it out:

The first time I create a gallery, it views fine after saving. However, if I make any changes and re-save it, the export is done correctly but for some reason, Safari isn't displaying it correctly: it continues to show the old version. I have to quit Safari and reload the page (either through Juicebox's UI or just via the index.html file in the Finder). Hitting command + r in Safari doesn't help.

As you have discovered, after making any changes to a gallery, you may need to clear your browser's cache before reloading the gallery in order to see the changes. This ensures that your browser does not hang onto and use an older version of your gallery's XML file (resulting in an older version of your gallery being displayed). This is true of all browsers, not just Safari.

Thanks!