1 (edited by wspollack 2015-10-27 16:51:31)

Topic: captionBackColor="rgba(0,0,0,0)" Visible on Horizontal iPhone

Steven:

I just noticed what may be a quirk of iOS or a bug in Juicebox Pro, or, of course, I may be doing something wrong and all software is working as intended.

In recently re-doing my galleries (to get the Viewport line added), I noticed that in horizontal mode on my iPhone that the caption color is showing up, on the line with the image x/y information.

I have the caption coloration supposedly invisible, with captionBackColor="rgba(0,0,0,0)" specified. This works fine in Firefox (41.0.2) and Opera (32.0) on my PC (Windows Vista Home Premium SP2, 32-bit). On my iPhone6 (iOS 9.1), that area is transparent only when viewing a gallery in vertical mode, but not horizontal (and Safari cache cleared before test).

Here's a gallery that exhibits this problem: http://billanddot.com/Peter's-Pumpkin-Pictures/ (generated via jAlbum, 12.7.2, using the latest 1.4.4 software).

And here are screen grabs from my iPhone, vertical and horizontal, respectively:

http://www.billanddot.com/IMG_2191.PNG
http://www.billanddot.com/IMG_2192.PNG

Could you take a look at the index.html and config.xml files, and let me know if you see anything that I'm doing wrong?

As always, thanks:

Bill P.

Re: captionBackColor="rgba(0,0,0,0)" Visible on Horizontal iPhone

... that area is transparent only when viewing a gallery in vertical mode, but not horizontal...

Looking at your screenshots, it looks like the caption area is visible in both horizontal and vertical modes. It's just the layout which (almost) hides the problem in vertical mode. You can see the top of the caption area overlapping the lower part of your image frame. The rest of the caption area just overlaps the gallery background so the problem cannot be seen in this area.

captionBackTopArea has a different default value for Small Screen Mode: rgba(0,0,0,0.3) instead of rgba(0,0,0,0).
However, explicitly setting it to rgba(0,0,0,0) does not seem to help.

This certainly looks like a bug. I'll notify the developers.

In the meantime, a suitable workaround should be to set captionBackTopColor to a fully transparent color other that black, as well as setting captionBackColor="rgba(0,0,0,0)". For example:

captionBackColor="rgba(0,0,0,0)"
captionBackTopColor="rgba(255,0,0,0)"

I hope this works OK.
Thank you for reporting this problem.

Sorry to trick you, re the vertical vs. horizontal. My eyes aren't what they used to be.

I'll just leave this alone, since I just got through updating a bunch of galleries for the viewport issue, and because it's not a big deal. If this is really a bug, I'll just wait for it to get fixed. Hopefully, the repair will just involve replacing the jbcore directories of the galleries with a new improved version (and so I can use my python script for that).

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Bill P.

Hopefully a future 'jbcore' upgrade will solve the problem but I'll post back here if and when I have any more news on this issue.