Topic: Confused About Version 1442 Pieces, Particularly re iOS [SOLVED]

Steven:

Could you confirm that I'm running the latest software, please?

- In C:\Program Files\JuiceboxBuilder-Pro\template\jbcore, the second line of juicebox.js reads " * Juicebox-Pro 1.4.4.1"

- I've copied the \jbcore\ directory to C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\jAlbum\skins\Juicebox\res\juicebox\jbcore .

- In jAlbum 12.7.2, if I click on the "i" icon for the Juicebox skin, it says "Current Version: 1.4.4.2" and "Latest Version: 1.4.4".

- In jAlbum, I recently generated http://www.billanddot.com/2015-08-25-No … Track-Day/ . In that gallery's index.html, there is no Meta Viewport data, as described in the blog entry http://juicebox.net/blog/2015/09/juiceb … for-ios-9/ .

Have I not downloaded the latest versions of any software involved here? Or am I doing something wrong? Or do I simply not understand what's going on, and the software is working as intended?

Thanks for any light you can shed on this.

Cheers,

Bill

Re: Confused About Version 1442 Pieces, Particularly re iOS [SOLVED]

- In C:\Program Files\JuiceboxBuilder-Pro\template\jbcore, the second line of juicebox.js reads " * Juicebox-Pro 1.4.4.1"

This is not a problem (for this new release).
The only change in the Juicebox-Pro v1.4.4.2 release (from v1.4.4.1) is to JuiceboxBuilder-Pro (the desktop application) which now includes the required meta viewport tag in the gallery's 'index.html' file.
The core Juicebox files (in the 'jbcore' folder) remain the same as in the v1.4.4.1 release so the internal version of Juicebox-Pro is still v1.4.4.1.
For more information on the new Juicebox-Pro v1.4.4.2 release, please see this blog entry.

- I've copied the \jbcore\ directory to C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\jAlbum\skins\Juicebox\res\juicebox\jbcore .

That's fine. That will ensure that the jAlbum skin uses the latest core Juicebox files.

- In jAlbum 12.7.2, if I click on the "i" icon for the Juicebox skin, it says "Current Version: 1.4.4.2" and "Latest Version: 1.4.4".

The 'Current Version' is taken from the 'skin.properties' file. As this is just a text string, I can set it to the same version number as the Juicebox release it relates to.
However, internally within jAlbum, a skin's 'Latest Version' number can be only be three numbers (major.minor.revision) which is why the skin is still on v1.4.4. If I increased the skin's version number to v1.4.5 (the minimum increase possible), this would cause even more confusion when Juicebox v1.4.5 is released.

In that gallery's index.html, there is no Meta Viewport data

It looks like you've found a bug in the jAlbum skin. In each folder throughout the album's structure, there is a 'gallery.html' file which can be used to view that folder's gallery on a page of its own. The required meta viewport tag is included in each of these files. However, if you deselect 'Process subdirectories' on jAlbum's 'Settings -> Advanced -> General' tab (to process only one directory and disable the navigation tree menu), the meta viewport tag is not included in the 'index.html' file (and it should be as all that will now be on the 'index.html' page is a single gallery).
I'll get a fix out for this as soon as I can but, in the meantime, you can either:
(1) Use the 'gallery.html' file instead of the 'index.html' file. You can rename it if you like.
(2) Open the 'index.html' file in a plain text editor and add the meta viewport tag manually.

<meta name="viewport" id="jb-viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, minimum-scale=1, maximum-scale=1, user-scalable=0" />

Thank you for reporting this.

Edit:
The Juicebox skin for jAlbum has now been updated with the bugfix noted above (where the meta viewport tag was not included in the 'index.html' file when the gallery was the only content on the page).
It can be downloaded from the jAlbum skin repository here. (It's version number remains at v1.4.4.2 to keep it in line with the current Juicebox version number.)

Steven:

A few minutes ago, I downloaded and installed the updated Juicebox skin for jAlbum, recopied the /jbcore/ directory over to the skin's directory, and then regenerated and uploaded that gallery. And all is well now.

Thank you for the detailed explanation, and for your time.

Cheers,

Bill

No problem.
Thanks for confirming it works (and for reporting the problem in the first place).