Topic: Version 1.4.4.1 unresponsive

When I open JuiceboxBuilder-Pro and click, "New Gallery..." nothing happens.

OS X: 10.10.5
Juicebox: 1.4.4.1
Adobe AIR: 18.0

I have tried uninstalling/installing both which has included deleting the ELS located at /Users/my_username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AIR/ELS and haven't gotten anywhere.

Re: Version 1.4.4.1 unresponsive

The procedure outlined in this forum thread should hopefully work although it sounds like you have already tried it.
If you have not already tried uninstalling both JuiceboxBuilder-Lite and JuiceboxBuilder-Pro and searching your hard drive for (and deleting) any and all instances of 'JuiceboxBuilder' before reinstalling, then this is certainly worth trying.

Also, check to see if you have any security software which might somehow be interfering with your JuiceboxBuilder-Pro installation. It's a long shot but it might be worth checking.

I'm having the same issue..and I have the same setup. I had this problem a little while ago, and eventually got things going again, but this time all the steps in the mentioned thread have failed. I've restarted without peripherals, deleted everything I could find, re-installed AIR....
I'm at a loss.

I do not know what is causing the problem so, unfortunately, some trial and error might be required to pinpoint the cause.

Try installing both JuiceboxBuilder-Lite and JuiceboxBuilder-Pro to see if the problem happens only with one application or with both. JuiceboxBuilder-Lite can be found inside the Juicebox-Lite zip package which can be downloaded from this web page.
If if happens with both, then the problem may somehow be system-wide but if it happens only with one application, then the problem is likely to be specific to that application and uninstalling it, deleting all files associated with it and reinstalling it should (in theory) work.
This might at least point you in the right direction.

You might like to try installing an older version of Adobe AIR (maybe v13) to see if this makes a difference.
You can download older versions from the archive page here: https://helpx.adobe.com/air/kb/archived … rsion.html

I tried the Lite version: same problem. I also tried using AIR v13 without success. Certainly is a head-scratcher!

I restored my previous version from a backup (including the file in the Application Support folder, the Documents folder files and the prefs)...so at least I've got the old version back. I may try just using the new jbcore files in my existing galleries for now.

Ah! I logged into a different account, and installed from there. Now things seem fine. So, some kind of permissions issue I guess, although I did repair permissions while troubleshooting.

One thing, Juicebox asked for permission to access an Adobe folder of some sort (I don't remember what!). I never saw that before. Could that be a clue?

8 (edited by John Nolan 2015-09-18 18:52:03)

YIKES! I re-launched JuiceBox and it's back to not working...in my "usual" account.

It still works in the account I used to instal it.

Curiouser and curiouser.

It still works in the account I used to instal it.

At least with this knowledge, you can log into the correct account to use the application.
It certainly sounds like an administrative rights or permissions problem.

One thing, Juicebox asked for permission to access an Adobe folder of some sort (I don't remember what!). I never saw that before. Could that be a clue?

This is almost certainly going to be a folder relating to Adobe AIR (maybe the '/Users/Username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AIR/ELS/' folder). If this is the folder and you get asked again, make sure you give JuiceboxBuilder access to it.

I did give J_B permission of course, and I've checked the permissions with "get info" on the working install against the broken one, but nothing seems different.

Perhaps this Adobe support page will help.

Troubleshoot unexpected behavior | User account-specific | Adobe software | Mac OS
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/glo … count.html

Maybe following the suggestions will help with any account-specific problems for Adobe AIR.

Thanks for that link, Steven. I'll try those steps.

13 (edited by John Nolan 2015-09-23 02:03:00)

I tried the steps on the Adobe page with our success, but then I downloaded AIR 19, uninstalled JuiceBox, trashrd the associated files, and reinstalled with 19...and...everything's working again. I'm not able to say what steps were germane.

I'm glad everything seems to be OK at the moment. I appreciate the updates.

I don't see anything in the Adobe AIR 19 Release Notes that might obviously explain why things are now working (other than perhaps "Multiple security and functional fixes").

Anyway, I hope that things continue to function as they should.

15 (edited by John Nolan 2015-09-24 19:55:50)

Yarg!

I updated JB to the dot release. It worked for 2 launches, then stopped working. I ran through all the trouble-shooting: uninstall with deletion of associated files,  re-installed AIR, cleared cache files, etc.

Again, on first try JB seemed fine, and second try as well, but now it won't work, and won't work in the other account that it seemed to be working in before. (Although the fact that it worked twice and then failed in my primary account makes me think the problem may have been there in the other account...I think I only tried it twice.)

So, the mystery continues!

Just out of interest, what operating system are you using and can you upgrade it?

10.10.5, so I can't upgrade 'till next week :-{

Thanks for the info. Maybe updating the OS next week will somehow help.
I really don't know what could be causing your problem and I'm running out of ideas for things to try.

Perhaps running through the procedure in this forum post will help (there is a JuiceboxBuilder-Pro entry in the ELS folder).
Just substitute 'XYZApplication' with 'JuiceboxBuilder-Pro' in the instructions. Also, please make a backup of any files and folders that you delete in case you need to reinstate them at a later date.
https://forums.adobe.com/message/3488779#3488779

Thanks Steven: I'll have a look at that.