Topic: embedding a gallery into the middle of a web page

OK... so I made and published a gallery in Juicebox light.

here is the code:

<!--START JUICEBOX EMBED-->
<script src="jbcore/juicebox.js"></script>
<script>
new juicebox({
containerId : "juicebox-container",
galleryWidth: "100%",
galleryHeight: "100%",
backgroundColor: "rgba(255,204,102,1)"
});
</script>
<div id="juicebox-container"></div>
<!--END JUICEBOX EMBED-->

I know it states that you cannot see the preview in Dreamweaver browser preview... I see the code on my Dreamweaver html page... but when I uploaded all the new files and folders via FTP... all I still see is this code on the html page. Is there a file I did not drag over to the server?
Also.. when I publish the gallery... it asks me to name the index name page. what exactly does this mean? Put in the name of the page it's going on?

I placed all the items separately via FTP and then I tried saving the juicebox gallery to a folder with everything in it and sent that over... maybe I didn't name something correctly?

This is the page I want the gallery on:
http://www.hotelmandarina.com/rooms_rates.html

Re: embedding a gallery into the middle of a web page

all I still see is this code on the html page

It sounds like you have entered the embedding code as plain text rather than as HTML code. Make sure that the method of entry is correct (use Code View).

Also.. when I publish the gallery... it asks me to name the index name page. what exactly does this mean? Put in the name of the page it's going on?

This is simply the name of the HTML page created by JuiceboxBuilder-Lite in order to display the gallery on a page of its own (for example, when previewing the gallery immediately after creation). If you plan to embed the gallery in an existing web page alongside other content, this HTML page is not actually required so it does not matter what you name the file.

3 (edited by tastyorange 2013-03-06 22:39:39)

thanks... well I got the code to look blue and purple so I guess that's HTML... but now there is no gallery showing up... which I guess still looks better than some code on a web page - LOL!

Well... cool... now I can see the gallery in my previews... but not as a live webpage after I upload... so now I know I'm not uploading it correctly.

I notice that you have the embedding code correctly inserted into your http://www.hotelmandarina.com/rooms_rates.html page.
However, the path to the 'juicebox.js' file within the embedding code is incorrect.
Copy the contents of your gallery folder to the root of your web space (alongside the 'rooms_rates.html' file) and your gallery should display fine.

5 (edited by tastyorange 2015-07-18 22:15:08)

OK I am finally doing this after 2 years. I made the folder "hotelmandarina_juicebox" on my drive. In that folder is a file I made called "juicebox_index.html" which has some code in it. Do I delete that? My gallery page is named "juicebox_gallery.html". That shows up as blank right now at: http://hotelmandarina.com/juicebox_gallery.html

I have uploaded everything via firefox ftp tool to my host server. I used the web code   
<script src="jbcore/juicebox.js"></script>
<script>
new juicebox({
containerId: "juicebox-container",
});
</script>
  </tr>
</table>

You said previously that is plain text and not correct HTML. How do I convert it in Dreamweaver? The link has a blank area now.
Maybe if I use all that code on the config.xml file, it will work?

It looks like you have entered the embedding code into your 'juicebox_gallery.html' page correctly. (It is being treated as HTML code rather than plain text so that's OK.) However, the path to the 'juicebox.js' file is incorrect.

Your gallery would display OK if you left your embedding code exactly as it is and just copied the contents of your gallery folder into the same directory as the page containing the embedding code (your root directory), following the embedding instructions here.

However, as you have already uploaded your complete gallery folder to your web server, you could leave the gallery files exactly where they are and use the baseUrl method of embedding (to point towards the gallery folder) as documented here.
Your embedding code would become:

<script src="/hotelmandarina_juicebox/jbcore/juicebox.js"></script>
<script>
new juicebox({
    baseUrl: "/hotelmandarina_juicebox/",
    containerId: "juicebox-container",
});
</script>

Either of these suggestions would work fine. I would recommend using the baseUrl method as it allows you to keep your gallery files inside the gallery folder which might help to keeps things organized on your web server.

In that folder is a file I made called "juicebox_index.html" which has some code in it. Do I delete that?

That file would be useful only if you wanted to display the gallery on a page of its own. If you are embedding your gallery in another web page (and do not want to display the gallery on a page of its own), then you can safely delete your 'juicebox_index.html' file.

A couple of other notes which might help:
I notice that your 'juicebox_gallery.html' web page is missing several end tags (for example there are no </body> or </html> tags). You might like to check the code on your web page with the W3C Markup Validation Service and fix the errors reported. Once the code on your web page validates correctly, the page should be rendered with greater predictability and consistency across different browsers.
Also, if you choose to embed your gallery with a percentage height (such as 100%), be sure to give all of your gallery's parent containers heights via CSS as Juicebox will need to know what its height should be 100% of. If you find that a percentage height is giving you any trouble (it may not), then you could always just give your gallery a fixed height (such as 600px) instead.
Also, please see this note regarding Using Percentage Heights.

Thank You SO MUCH!!! It works!!!!! I have to run... but I will go over your other points later! If I upgrade to the paid version, what will that give me in addition?

Thank You SO MUCH!!!

You're welcome!

If I upgrade to the paid version, what will that give me in addition?

The main differences between Juicebox-Lite and Juicebox-Pro are:
(1) Juicebox-Pro does not contain any branding (the Juicebox link in the lower-right corner of galleries).
(2) Juicebox-Pro does not have a 50-image per gallery limit.
(3) Juicebox-Pro supports many more configuration options than Juicebox-Lite.

For more differences, please see the comparison chart on the download page.
For reference, a full list of configuration options supported by Juicebox-Pro can be found here.