Topic: Can't get the new version to do ANYTHING on my Mac.

I've had occasional issues and bugs in the past and have somehow got around them. Thought it was time I upgraded to the 1.4.4 to see if some issues had been resolved. Perhaps a mistake. I've had many adventures in this process while trying everything suggested on your troubleshooting page. Basically, the program loads and then just sits there. Won't do anything at all.

Re: Can't get the new version to do ANYTHING on my Mac.

If you are having problems running JuiceboxBuilder-Pro, then I would recommend completely uninstalling and reinstalling the application following the procedure below:

(1) Uninstall JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.
Mac: Delete the 'JuiceboxBuilder-Pro' file from the Applications folder and empty your Trash.
Windows: Use the uninstaller in the 'Control Panel -> Programs -> Uninstall a program...' list.

(2) After uninstalling JuiceboxBuilder-Pro, please check that there are no files are left behind by manually deleting the following folders from your hard drive (if they exist):
Mac: /Users/your_username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AIR/ELS/JuiceboxBuilder-Pro
Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\JuiceboxBuilder-Pro
Windows: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\AIR\ELS\JuiceboxBuilder-Pro
Windows: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\JuiceboxBuilder-Pro
Windows: C:\Users\Username\Documents\JuiceboxBuilder-Pro
You may need to show hidden files to find some of the above locations in Windows Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind … dden-files

(3) Next, search your hard drive for the term 'JuiceboxBuilder-Pro' and delete any and all entries found (to be absolutely sure that nothing remains).

(4) Also, please follow the procedure above (Steps #1 - #3) for JuiceboxBuilder-Lite, too.
JuiceboxBuilder-Lite and JuiceboxBuilder-Pro can both be installed and run side by side on the same computer but, being that you are experiencing problems, it might be wise to completely clear your system of all JuiceboxBuilder files before trying to reinstall JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.

(5) Reinstall JuiceboxBuilder-Pro following the instructions here.

Basically, the program loads and then just sits there. Won't do anything at all.

If JuiceboxBuilder-Pro gets past the splash screen and displays the 'Start' tab but the 'New Gallery...' and 'Open Gallery...' buttons are unresponsive, then closing the application, manually deleting the ELS folder (from Step #2 above) and reopening the application might be enough to solve the problem.

Thought it was time I upgraded to the 1.4.4 to see if some issues had been resolved.

You can always check the Version History page to see what bugs have been fixed in the latest version.
If you are being troubled by other bugs, then please let me know what they are so that I can investigate further (or at least tell you whether or not we are aware of them and are working to fix them).

Also, it might help to know what operating system are version of Adobe AIR you are currently running so please let me know. Thank you.

Okay. Did everything you said. Seems to work for a bit, providing I restart my computer before opening the program, as trash will not completely empty because for some reason it is using some of the encrypted files, even though the program is closed. So. Restart the computer, install the program and I am fine for a short while until everything freezes again. This evening, I spent half an hour or so re-constructing a gallery by adding a few images and captions. When I was done and went to save it, it would not save and at that point would not open anything else. Again, unresponsive. My version of AIR is 18.0.0.180, which came in as an update minutes before I downloaded Juicebox 1.4.4 for the first time.

I'm really not sure what might be causing your problems. I'm using JuiceboxBuilder-Pro v1.4.4 under AIR v18.0.0.180 (on my PC) without any problems.

When I was done and went to save it, it would not save and at that point would not open anything else.

Make sure that you are not saving your gallery to a restricted file system (check the permissions on the folder you are saving your gallery to) or a network drive or a folder synced to an online file sharing service such as Dropbox or Google Sync.
If you are not already doing so, try saving each gallery to a separate folder on your desktop.