Topic: Juicebox Pro gallery in a portlet [SOLVED]

Hello Support Forum,

I have been trying to use juicebox pro gallery in a portlet.  And while the gallery works there are issues. 

For one it will not resize to fullscreen from within the portlet.  Number two,  it is not responsive.  So if the portlet or the web page resizes, it will not adjust and portions of the gallery will not be viewable unless the web page is refreshed.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Regards,
Eric

Re: Juicebox Pro gallery in a portlet [SOLVED]

So if the portlet or the web page resizes, it will not adjust and portions of the gallery will not be viewable unless the web page is refreshed.

It sounds like your gallery might have fixed pixel dimensions (rather than being responsive) and, if so, it will always be displayed at the specified dimensions on all devices and in all browsers.

There are essentially two ways to make a Juicebox gallery responsive (with its dimensions dynamically changing with the size of the user's browser window).

Scenario #1:
A Juicebox gallery will be responsive (and will dynamically scale with the size of the user's browser window) if the gallery's own dimensions and the dimensions of all parent containers are expressed as percentages. If there is a fixed value anywhere up the chain, then the gallery's size will become fixed (e.g. 100% x 100% x 800px = 800px).
Please note that when using percentage heights, you may need to implement the suggestion noted here.

Scenario #2:
You could use JavaScript to listen for a change in the size of the user's browser window and assign new dimensions to the Juicebox gallery if and when this happens.
An example of this can be found in the resizable galleries support section here.
Take a look at the source of this sample gallery in your browser to see how this might be achieved.

Both scenarios above apply equally to Juicebox-Lite and Juicebox-Pro.

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the reply. 

I discovered juicebox is responsive to the web page, but not the portlet (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portlet) which can resize dynamically.   

The bigger issue, however, is that expand gallery does not appear to work from within the portlet.  Any solutions here?

Juicebox was designed to be embedded into a <div> in a web page.
Do you have an example of the issue you are having? If so, please post the URL to your page so that I can take a look and hopefully help further. Maybe if I see your gallery in your page, I will have a better understanding of your problem.
Thank you.

Steven wrote:

Juicebox was designed to be embedded into a <div> in a web page.
Do you have an example of the issue you are having? If so, please post the URL to your page so that I can take a look and hopefully help further. Maybe if I see your gallery in your page, I will have a better understanding of your problem.
Thank you.

I can do that.  You would have to log into my site.  Is there a way I can send you credentials in a secure fashion? Can I pm you?  I don't see an obvious way to do that.

Please check your email. I have sent you a message.
Thank you.

Your suggestions worked brilliantly.  Especially the one about updating juicebox to the current version (duh!).

Thank you.

You're welcome!
I'm glad I was able to help.