Topic: Gallery not showing, getting error: Uncaught TypeError [SOLVED]

I'm able to view one of my two JuiceBox galleries using the url for the index.html file directly, but it won't show on the webpage. In Chrome, I see the following error message:
Uncaught TypeError: ax.toLowerCase is not a function.
(anonymous function)    @    VM210:1
bN.extend.each    @    VM210:1
bN.fn.bN.each    @    VM210:1
ad    @    VM210:1
h    @    VM210:1
get_gallery_height    @    VM210:1
init_before_loading_gallery_html    @    VM210:1
(anonymous function)    @    VM210:1

Here is the link to my test site webpage that the gallery isn't viewing on:
http://lynnmaritpetersonart.businesscat … clees.html

and here is the link to the gallery directly:
http://lynnmaritpetersonart.businesscat … index.html

The second gallery isn't showing up in either way. It has 41 images so sounds like that should work in the Lite version.
http://lynnmaritpetersonart.businesscat … inals.html

Any ideas on the cause of these viewing problem? The embed code is the same, except for the folder name change. The first one did show up for awhile, then it stopped showing. Sometimes a refresh would make it show again but now it just isn't showing in Safari, Firefox nor Chrome on a Mac.

Thanks!

Re: Gallery not showing, getting error: Uncaught TypeError [SOLVED]

Your 'Available Originals' gallery's XML file does not contain any image information.
Try viewing it directly in a browser: http://lynnmaritpetersonart.businesscat … config.xml
Please check that you have uploaded the correct XML file to the gallery folder on your web server or rebuild your gallery in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro if necessary.

Your 'Available Giclees' gallery seems to display fine (both on its own and embedded) so try clearing your browser's cache before reloading your web pages to see if this helps.

Thank you, Steven, for the quick reply! I rebuilt the Originals gallery and that seemed to help. I do still have to refresh the page for both galleries to show up on my Mac for some reason but they appear to load fine on Windows. Thanks!

I do still have to refresh the page for both galleries to show up on my Mac for some reason...

Normally the Juicebox gallery will not be rendered until the Document Object Model (DOM) is ready but your web page seems to have a lot going on in a $(document).ready(function() { }); at the foot of your page.
Maybe if you load your gallery after all your page's custom JavaScript code has been processed, the gallery will appear without the page having to be refreshed.
Try wrapping your gallery's embedding code in a function and run the function at the end of the $(document).ready(function() { }); code.
For example, try replacing:

new juicebox({
baseUrl : 'gallery_giclee/',
containerId: "juicebox-container",
galleryWidth: "100%",
galleryHeight: "100%",
backgroundColor: "rgba(255,255,255,1)"
});

... with:

function loadGallery() {
    new juicebox({
        baseUrl : "gallery_giclee/",
    });
}

... and then replace the last line of your page's custom $(document).ready(function() { }); JavaScript code from:

} catch(e) { if (e && 'function' == typeof e.notify) e.notify(); else Muse.Assert.fail('Error calling selector function:' + e); }});

... to:

} catch(e) { if (e && 'function' == typeof e.notify) e.notify(); else Muse.Assert.fail('Error calling selector function:' + e); }
    loadGallery();
});

Alternatively, if you do not want to manually edit the page created by Muse, then you could try wrapping your gallery's embedding code in its own $(document).ready(function() { }); and introduce a window.setTimeout(); function to delay the normal loading of the gallery (perhaps by half a second or so) to allow your own custom JavaScript to be processed first.
For example, try replacing:

new juicebox({
baseUrl : 'gallery_giclee/',
});

... with:

$(document).ready(function() {
    window.setTimeout(function() {
        new juicebox({
            baseUrl : "gallery_giclee/",
        });
    }, 500);
});

Hopefully this will help.

That was very helpful; thank you! I realized that I had embedded the code in an Adobe Muse 'Tabbed Panel' to switch between multiple albums on one page, but I changed that and made them on separate pages instead. Your comments about the page having a lot going on reminded me that I no longer needed those elements and they may be causing the problem. I rebuilt the pages without those elements, placing the code directly on the page instead of in an element and it works perfectly! The albums load right away. Thanks so much for helping me trouble shoot this. I'm very happy with the way the slideshows work now and comfortable moving up to the Pro version once my client signs off on this. Thanks!

I'm glad you've got it all working now.
Thank you for posting back to let me know.