Topic: Picasa plugin vs JuiceBuilderPRO

Hi, hello,

Here is a current, and happy, simpleviewer user trying juicebox out ...and bumping into countless problems.

I will go on with them but there's one that worry me the most:

The galleries created with the picasa plugin and juicebuilderPRO are pretty different in coding.

Among other things I've noticed that the picasa plugin creates a "thumbnails" folder, while Juicebuilder creates a "thumbs" one, making them incompatible.

Besides, I have costumised my simpleviewer picasa plugin to deliver a gallery.xml of my liking. I couldn't do the same with the juicebox one: although I add lines to the header.xml as I did in simpleviewer, they don't appear in the final gallery.

Any thoughts?

Thaks in advance. Dena Flows

Re: Picasa plugin vs JuiceBuilderPRO

Among other things I've noticed that the picasa plugin creates a "thumbnails" folder, while Juicebuilder creates a "thumbs" one, making them incompatible.

It is not possible to change the name of the thumbnail folder. It is set by Picasa itself and is not user-changeable within a plugin.
However, this should not affect the ability to open and edit the gallery in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro (though any new images added to the gallery will have their thumbnails placed in a new folder named 'thumbs').
If you have any specific issues, please let me know so that I can investigate further.

Besides, I have costumised my simpleviewer picasa plugin to deliver a gallery.xml of my liking. I couldn't do the same with the juicebox one: although I add lines to the header.xml as I did in simpleviewer, they don't appear in the final gallery.

You can edit the 'header.xml' file to add configuration options just as you did with the SimpleViewer plugin for Picasa.
The configuration options for the 'config.xml' file are taken solely from the 'header.xml' plugin file so any and all options you place in here will be copied across into the output gallery folder.
Make sure you do not have a duplicate or older version of the the Juicebox plugin for Picasa and that you are modifying the 'header.xml' file in the correct folder.