Topic: JB Code and Dreamweaver (for dummies :)

Hi there. I was sooooo happy to find this site! I have limited html/css coding knowledge and thought this looked simple enough for me, turns out I was wrong :(  Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but I can't seem to find a tutorial on how to actually implement the code. It says to "copy it into your file." But I'm not exactly sure where to put it.

I generated the gallery simply enough, but wasn't sure why it uses the index.html filename if I want to put it in a secondary page. (Do I change the name to the page it will appear in?) Also, I am using Dreamweaver. First I copied and pasted just the code generated into my html document, but nothing happened. Then I copied the entire folder with all the files generated, images, jbcore, thumbs, config & index to my script folder in the assets panel of DW, but knew that couldn't be right, and again, nothing happened. So here I sit with absolutely no idea of how to implement this cool gallery.

Lastly, my site is not yet live is that part of the problem? Sorry I'm such a dummy. But would appreciate any help (or direct me to a youtube how-to video?)

Thanx!

Re: JB Code and Dreamweaver (for dummies :)

I generated the gallery simply enough, but wasn't sure why it uses the index.html filename if I want to put it in a secondary page.

If embedding the gallery in an existing web page alongside other content, then the gallery's own 'index.html' file is not required.
This can simply be used to display the gallery on its own page if you like.

Also, I am using Dreamweaver.

Please see the note for Dreamweaver users here.

First I copied and pasted just the code generated into my html document, but nothing happened.

As you have discovered, you also need to upload your gallery files to your web server.

Then I copied the entire folder with all the files generated, images, jbcore, thumbs, config & index to my script folder in the assets panel of DW, but knew that couldn't be right, and again, nothing happened.

Try the following. In this example, the gallery folder will be called 'my_gallery'.
(1) Upload your entire gallery folder (not just the contents) to your webserver via FTP.
It does not matter where on your web server you upload it to as long as you know where it is.
(2) Paste the following code into your page in Dreamweaver.

<!--START JUICEBOX EMBED-->
<script src="http://www.example.com/my_gallery/jbcore/juicebox.js"></script>
<script>
new juicebox({
containerId : 'juicebox-container',
baseUrl : 'http://www.example.com/my_gallery/'
});
</script>
<div id="juicebox-container"></div>
<!--END JUICEBOX EMBED-->

... changing the two URLs in the code above depending on the location of your gallery folder.
This baseUrl method of embedding (which allows you to upload complete gallery folders in their entirety) is documented here.

Re: JB Code and Dreamweaver (for dummies :)

Thanx Steven, but this is all way above my pay-grade :)  Plus, since I'm working in DW so I'm not live yet.

I have found a different gallery on Adobe Widget's (and a YouTube tutorial that shows how to implement it). It's not as nice as Juicebox-Lite, but if I can't figure out how to use it it's no good to me.

Thanx for replying though!!!!