Topic: Config.xml Not Found Error

I am trying to embed a gallery as HTML in an Adobe MUSE page.  I tried using the embed code generated with my gallery, and I tried using the base URL method and I keep getting the xml not found error.  The xml file is in the same folder as the jbcore, images, and thumbnail folders.  I've read all of the relevant Support documents and I've checked everything twice.   

Here is the path to the gallery: www.robertmunozphotography.net/Muse/Home/

Any ideas?

Robert

Re: Config.xml Not Found Error

Your gallery displays OK in browsers on my PC.
If you are still seeing the 'Config XML file not found' message, try clearing your browser's cache before reloading the gallery.

Thanks for your quick reply. 

I'm actually getting the "XML Not Found" inside the MUSE application (it tests the source path), so this may be an app-specific problem.  BTW, an I-frame embed works, but I would prefer to use the standard embed so that I can get a full window expand. 

Here's the embed code I'm trying:

<!--START JUICEBOX EMBED-->
<script src="http://www.robertmunozphotography.net/Muse/Home/jbcore/juicebox.js"></script>
<script>
new juicebox({
containerId : "juicebox-container",
galleryWidth: "100%",
galleryHeight: "100%",
backgroundColor: "rgba(224,224,224,1)"
});
</script>
<div id="juicebox-container"></div>
<!--END JUICEBOX EMBED-->

Any other ideas?

Since your gallery folder is located here http://www.robertmunozphotography.net/Muse/Home/
... your embedding code should look like this:

<!--START JUICEBOX EMBED-->
<script src="http://www.robertmunozphotography.net/Muse/Home/jbcore/juicebox.js"></script>
<script>
new juicebox({
baseUrl : 'http://www.robertmunozphotography.net/Muse/Home/',
containerId : "juicebox-container",
galleryWidth: "100%",
galleryHeight: "100%",
backgroundColor: "rgba(224,224,224,1)"
});
</script>
<div id="juicebox-container"></div>
<!--END JUICEBOX EMBED-->

For reference, the baseUrl method of embedding is documented here.

I'm actually getting the "XML Not Found" inside the MUSE application (it tests the source path), so this may be an app-specific problem.

This may well be an application-specific problem similar to not being able to preview galleries locally in Google Chrome or Opera.

Steven,

Thanks again for your quick reply.  Unfortunately, I tried the base URL method, too.  Just to be sure, I retried it with a copy & paste of the snippet that you sent -- in both cases, I still get the error message. And just FYI, I'm using Firefox 14.0.

Maybe it's just something that MUSE is doing with snippet.

If you have any other ideas, don't hesitate...

Robert

Please post the URL to the web page into which you are embedding your gallery so that I can take a look.

Again, thanks for your help with this.

Because I was getting the "XML Not Found" error in the MUSE app and also when I previewed the site from MUSE, I naturally assumed that it would not work, so I never exported/FTP'd the site HTML.  When I actually did that, the main image gallery on the HOME page seems to work, although it doesn't scale down, which is disappointing.  This gallery is configured as slideshow only with no thumbs, so I created a duplicate gallery with thumbs ("PEOPLE").  Here the slideshow works but the thumbs are nowhere to be found.

So in summary, the MUSE application is generating the error in the app and in browser preview mode.  The slideshow seems to operate but the thumbs don't display, and the main image doesn't scale down.

Here's the link to the HOME page: www.robertmunozphotography.net/Muse/index.html.  The gallery configured to display thumbs is on the PEOPLE page.

Thanks again.

So in summary, the MUSE application is generating the error in the app and in browser preview mode.

As suggested, this may be due to a security restriction similar to local previewing issues in Google Chrome and Opera browsers.

the main image doesn't scale down.

The main image does not scale down because the gallery is likely to be embedded in a parent container whose dimensions are expressed as absolute pixel values. Check the CSS of your page to confirm this theory.
Even if the gallery's own dimensions are 100% x 100%, if it is nested inside a <div> with dimensions of, for example, 1024px x 768px, then then gallery will always be displayed at 1024px x 768px regardless of the size of the browser window (as 100% of 1024px = 1024px and 100% of 768px = 768px).
For the gallery to dynamically scale with the size of the browser window, the dimensions of the gallery and all parent containers must be expressed as percentages. Any fixed size up the chain will result in just that - a fixed size.

The slideshow seems to operate but the thumbs don't display
The gallery configured to display thumbs is on the PEOPLE page.

The thumbnails are displayed when I view the gallery in browsers on my PC.
If you have made any changes to your gallery recently, you may need to clear your browser's cache before reloading the gallery. Your browser may be hanging onto (and using) an older version of your gallery's XML file.