1 (edited by brainstuff 2014-08-06 23:09:14)

Topic: juicebox works fine at home but not on the web server [SOLVED]

I have fund the Problem ... the filename contents "IMG" and the xml File "img"   

but there is still a little problem one of the last trumbs (no 23) is not in the right focus ...  I do not find any reason for this.

http://ligthtstuff/bsci

thanks

brainstuff

Hi,

I have set up a test of juicebox. I have saved in the publish area. When I start the index.html file locally all works near fine. Then I have copied the complete directory on my web server ... when I open the index file on the server, iI get a black page with thumbernails (also black) and the file names .. not any picture ... 

Where is the bug?

I also do not understand what  is the reason for the get embed code on the publish page ...

I had bevore tried simplyviewer ... same problem. And also problems with black letters on a black background. 

I have tried with firefox and IE .. same result.

What can I do

thanks
brainstuff

Re: juicebox works fine at home but not on the web server [SOLVED]

Please see this FAQ which seems to be relevant to your problem:
My images show locally, but not when I upload them to my website. Why?

Also, try opening one of your gallery's images from your web server directly in your browser to see if it displays OK (taking Juicebox out of the equation). If it does not display OK, then check the permissions of the 'images' and 'thumbs' folders and the image and thumbnail files themselves on your web server to make sure that they are not too restrictive and can be read by the browser. Default permissions of 755 for folders and 644 for files should be fine.

If you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL to your gallery's web page so that I can take a look and help further. (http://ligthtstuff/bsci is an incomplete web address.)

I also do not understand what  is the reason for the get embed code on the publish page ...

This is the code that you would use if you wanted to embed the gallery into an existing web page alongside other content, following the instructions here (see Step #3).
If you just want to display the gallery on its own web page, then you can use the gallery's 'index.html' file (generated by JuiceboxBuilder) and you do not need to use the embedding code from the 'Publish' tab.

Steven,

many thanks for your very quick response ... now it works fine ... it was the stupid problem with the capitales .. the pictures have names with IMG (from a Canon Camera) and the web server stores the files as img. 

And your program has in the xml file the original Filenames.

But there is still a little bug: the thumb no 9, 13, and 23  is not correctely focussed like all other thrumbs ... and I do not find any reason for this... (12 is by example the "queen" in a correct thumb .. and 13 is a "zoomed" thumb...

I have now placed the test to the correct address:

http://lightstuff.eu/(c)bsci/peer-van-k … the-queen/

(do to the fact that you are probably from the UK .. you MUST see these pictures of "Your Queen" ..  "she" was in Switzerland in La Chaux-de-Fonds ... verry crazy Lady!!!  )

Thanks,
John
brainstuff

PS if you needs help for a french or a german version ... please ask me. (also for support questions)

now it works fine ...

That's great!

But there is still a little bug: the thumb no 9, 13, and 23  is not correctely focussed like all other thrumbs ...

Images #9, #13 and #23 have a different aspect ratio to the other images in your gallery. They are very long and thin. Image #9, for example, has dimensions of 275 x 768. If you compare the thumbnail for image #9 with its corresponding main image, you will notice that the entire width of the main image is displayed within the width of the thumbnail. However, to create a thumbnail with the dimensions you use, the only way to do so (to get a square from a rectangle) is for JuiceboxBuilder-Pro to crop the top and bottom of the image.
JuiceboxBuilder-Pro does not allow you to position the focus of the crop (it is always the centre of the image) but you could create your own thumbnail images if you like (in an imaging program such as Adobe Photoshop) and replace any existing ones in your gallery's 'thumbs' folder.

OK, it is noted .. thank you for all. brainstuff