Topic: WP plugin not working [SOLVED]

Hello

I've been using your great WP plugin for a few months to display photos from Flickr, but it has just recently stopped working.

I can see from reading around on your website that Flickr has changed its API, and I should use a new version of the plugin.

So I uploaded version 1.4.2 onto my WP site (having first renamed the old version in the plugins directory), but it doesn't seem to work.

When I try to activate it I get the following error message

"The plugin generated 2 characters of unexpected output during activation. If you notice “headers already sent” messages, problems with syndication feeds or other issues, try deactivating or removing this plugin."

and then when I go onto a page with a gallery, I get a grey box appears with the error message "Juicebox Error: Config XML file not found"

Is there something I need to do differently to make the new plugin work?

Thanks a lot

Re: WP plugin not working [SOLVED]

So I uploaded version 1.4.2 onto my WP site (having first renamed the old version in the plugins directory), but it doesn't seem to work.

This may cause problems as, even though the plugin folders are named differently, you will essentially have two plugins with the same name. Try temporarily moving one version of your WP-Juicebox plugin outside your 'wp-content/plugins' directory.

When I try to activate it I get the following error message

"The plugin generated 2 characters of unexpected output during activation. If you notice “headers already sent” messages, problems with syndication feeds or other issues, try deactivating or removing this plugin."

This sounds like the 'wp-juicebox/wp-juicebox.php' file may have been modified or has somehow become corrupt or incomplete.
Try reinstalling WP-Juicebox from scratch.
(1) Download WP-Juicebox from the link on this web page.
(2) Delete all WP-Juicebox folders from your 'plugins' directory. (Make a backup copy of them first before deleting them.)
(3) Install WP-Juicebox following the instructions on the page linked to in (1) above.

and then when I go onto a page with a gallery, I get a grey box appears with the error message "Juicebox Error: Config XML file not found"

If, after reinstalling the plugin, you still see this error message, please post the URL to the web page which displays this message so that I can see the problem for myself and help further.
WP-Juicebox handles all paths automatically and, under normal circumstances, this message should not be displayed.
One possible reason for this message being displayed in a WP-Juicebox gallery would be if the 'wp-juicebox/config.php' file was missing (or had permissions which were too restrictive). If this were the case, then reinstalling the plugin should solve this problem, too.

Thanks Steven

I think you're right about the corruption.

I deleted the old version directory. Redownloaded the zip file.  I tried unzipping locally and uploading all the files but that still caused the same error. Then I tried uploading the zip file directly in the WordPress Add New Plugin menu.  That seems to have done the trick.

Ashley

I'm glad that re-installing the plugin from scratch has solved your problem.
Thank you for posting back to let me know.

I tried unzipping locally and uploading all the files but that still caused the same error.

That should work fine. Check your FTP program to see if it is uploading all files as either ASCII or Binary. If it has an Auto option (to check each file individually before upload to automatically determine the most appropriate transfer mode for that particular file), then use that.