Topic: trouble setting up [SOLVED]

Hello, I am trying to set up a website for a golf course I work at. The site name is www.foxsdengolfcourse.com and I am trying to put the gallery on the page www.foxsdengolfcourse.com/Media/Pictures I choose to store the files locally on my hard drive at C:\Users\DaveWeaver\Pictures\My Pictures\Foxsdenpics and when juicebox gives me the code to embed on the page where I want the gallery this is what it gives me.

<!--START JUICEBOX EMBED-->
<script src="jbcore/juicebox.js"></script>
<script>
new juicebox({
containerId: "juicebox-container",
galleryWidth: "100%",
galleryHeight: "100%",
backgroundColor: "#222222"
});
</script>
<div id="juicebox-container"></div>
<!--END JUICEBOX EMBED-->

For the index page name it gives me index.html

So when I look at the webpage even after deleteing the cache it is empty except for the text Ive entered.

I apologize that I can't figure this out. Ive spent 6 hrs so far on this. The pics are large will juice box resize them?
Dave

Re: trouble setting up [SOLVED]

I choose to store the files locally on my hard drive

You can certainly use these images to create a gallery on your computer but you will need to upload the gallery's own images (inside the 'images' folder) to your web server in order for them to be publicly accessible.

The pics are large will juice box resize them?

Yes. As long as the 'Resize Images' checkbox is selected on the 'Images' tab, JuiceboxBuilder-Lite will resize your images.
You can click the 'Change Sizes...' button to set dimensions for the images but the default values will likely be OK.

For the index page name it gives me index.html

The gallery's index page is required only if you want to display the gallery on its own web page and you can call the page whatever you like, it does not need to be named 'index.html'.
If you want to embed a gallery in an existing web page alongside other content, then you should use the embedding code and follow the embedding instructions here.

I've taken a look at the code on your http://www.foxsdengolfcourse.com/Pictures.html web page and if you want your gallery to appear on that page, then you would need to upload the contents of your gallery folder (not the folder itself) to the root directory of your web space. (Do not upload the gallery's 'index.html' file, though. It is not required and will overwrite your own 'index.html' file.)

Alternatively, try the following (using the baseUrl method of embedding which allows you to keep all your gallery files inside the gallery folder).

(1) Create an empty folder on your desktop and name it 'gallery'.
(2) Create a gallery with JuiceboxBuilder-Lite and save the gallery in the folder you created in Step #1.
(3) Upload the entire gallery folder (not just the contents) to the root directory of your web server (directly into your 'public_html' directory) using an FTP program such as Filezilla.
(4) On your 'Pictures.html' web page, use the following embedding code:

<!--START JUICEBOX EMBED-->
<script src="/gallery/jbcore/juicebox.js"></script>
<script>
  new juicebox({
    baseUrl: '/gallery/',
    containerId: 'juicebox-container',
    galleryWidth: '100%',
    galleryHeight: '600',
    backgroundColor: 'rgba(0,0,0,0)'
  });
  </script>
<div id="juicebox-container"></div>
<!--END JUICEBOX EMBED-->

Thanks for the detail instructions. I chose browse and went to a folder I created on my computer desktop c:/users/DaveWeaver/Desktop and then chose Save. I noticed it did not place any files into that or in fact I search and they were in no other folder. Could this be the problem? So I have not uploaded that folder or the pictures to the public_html/Gallery folder.

Dave

Also I thought of this. I had updated Adobe Air. Do you think I needed to restart the computer for some reason?

Do you think I needed to restart the computer for some reason?

It's certainly worth trying and cannot do any harm.

I do not know why JuiceboxBuilder-Lite does not save the gallery files to your chosen folder when clicking 'Save' on the 'Publish' tab (unless the folder you are trying to save the gallery file to is restricted and requires administrative rights which the current user may not have).

If rebooting your computer does not help, try uninstalling and reinstalling JuiceboxBuilder-Lite. However, between uninstalling and reinstalling the application, delete the following folders manually (if they exist) to ensure that nothing is left behind from the previous installation:

C:\Program Files (x86)\JuiceboxBuilder-Lite
C:\Users\DaveWeaver\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\AIR\ELS\JuiceboxBuilder-Lite
C:\Users\DaveWeaver\AppData\Roaming\JuiceboxBuilder-Lite
C:\Users\DaveWeaver\My Documents\JuiceboxBuilder-Lite

Also, try saving your gallery to a folder in a different location on your computer (perhaps in a folder in your root C:\ directory rather than on your desktop).

If the above suggestions do not help, then create a new Administrative User Account and try installing and using JuiceboxBuilder-Lite from there.

Yes it has been solved. Thank you. I was re-reading your notes and the folder I created was Gallery. But I noticed in the code and your text it was lower case gallery. I renamed the folder under public_html and it works. Yeah!

Thank you

Dave

That's great! Thanks for letting me know.