Topic: Configuring the LR plugin

I have used JB Builder Pro to design a gallery that is just how I want it to be in terms of colors, text placement, and so on. I want the same settings to be the default when I use the LR plugin - with different images, of course. I thought of taking the config.xml file that JB Builder created, deleting the image info, and putting that file in the LR plugin folder. Is this a valid approach?

Re: Configuring the LR plugin

Not quite. What to do would be to modify the template file that Lightroom uses to create the gallery XML files.
Open the 'juicebox.lrwebengine\config.xml' file in a plain text editor and copy and paste the configuration options (the attributes to the opening <juiceboxbuilder> tag) from your own gallery's XML file into the Lightroom template file. (You can paste them starting on line 27 which is currently blank.)
Be sure not to include any Lite Options which will already be included via the plugin's interface.

Alternatively, you could copy and paste the Pro Options into the Pro Options text area in the plugin's interface (although you would need to do this for each gallery you create).

(Please note that the line number above refers to the current version of the Lightroom plugin (v1.4.0.0).

I don't know anything about the LR plugin, so I may be way off base here. However, FWIW, I use JB Pro with jAlbum, and like to keep the same settings for each gallery. What I did was save my preferred setup in jAlbum, with no pictures. When I want to make a new gallery, I open that jAlbum gallery, drag in new images, and then do a "Save As" (my new gallery name), and generate and upload my new page.

This kind of template-then-Save-As approach won't work with LR?

@wspollack

No. jAlbum has the ability to save a project's settings (very much like saving a preset in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro) which you can then apply to a future project.
However, there is no such functionality in the Juicebox plugin for Lightroom and you cannot load an existing Juicebox gallery in Lightroom to edit it (which, if it could be done, you would do to simply load the configuration options and ignore the images).

Modifying the plugin's 'config.xml' file is probably the easiest way to ensure that certain configuration options are applied to all galleries created by the plugin.

Steven wrote:

@wspollack

No. jAlbum has the ability to save a project's settings (very much like saving a preset in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro) which you can then apply to a future project.
However, there is no such functionality in the Juicebox plugin for Lightroom and you cannot load an existing Juicebox gallery in Lightroom to edit it (which, if it could be done, you would do to simply load the configuration options and ignore the images).

Modifying the plugin's 'config.xml' file is probably the easiest way to ensure that certain configuration options are applied to all galleries created by the plugin.

OK, thanks for the explanation.