Topic: External links don't work when Caption is set to BELOW_IMAGE [SOLVED]

Hi,

When I'm changing Caption Position to BELOW_IMAGE, links defined in caption section no longer works; instead of opening a new tab with the requested link, the previous image is displayed (in the same window, like I'd navigate between images).

Links work fine when caption position is set to BOTTOM or OVERLAY_IMAGE: designated page is opened in a new browser tab.

I'm using Juicebox-Pro, v1.3.3; tried on Chrome and Firefox.

Regards,
Dragos

Re: External links don't work when Caption is set to BELOW_IMAGE [SOLVED]

I have been unable to replicate the problem you report in a test gallery of my own.
Please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look for myself. (There may be a combination of configuration options which is causing the problem.)

Gallery with Caption Position set to BELOW_IMAGE: http://www.asdaroth.com/Laos012014/index.html

The same gallery, with option set to BOTTOM: http://www.asdaroth.com/Laos012014_2/index.html

Thank you for providing the URL to your gallery.

It look like the problem happens when captionPosition="BELOW_IMAGE" and the image is displayed fullsize (ie. when the browser window is large enough that the image does not need to be dynamically rescaled by Juicebox).
If you shrink your browser window so that the image is dynamically rescaled by Juicebox, then you should see the link become active.

I have logged a bug report with the developers and this should hopefully be fixed in the next version.
In the meantime, possible workarounds would be to try one of the following:
(1) Change the captionPosition.
(2) Change the imageScaleMode.
(3) Ensure that your images are large enough that they would need to be scaled down by Juicebox to fit within your gallery's image area.

This bug has now been fixed in v1.4.0. Please see this blog entry for details.