1 (edited by katiegoertzen 2013-06-17 17:26:19)

Topic: Social Sharing is not displaying images [SOLVED]

Hello I am experiencing some difficulties with the social sharing function. I've enabled a few social buttons (Pinterest, Facebook & Twitter) and pasted the URL for it to link back to, however when I uploaded it to my website and tested it out, no images were displayed when I hit the share button with any of them.

I actually did share it on my Facebook wall just to see if it was a thumbnail problem but even still, no image was displayed after the initial share. Does anyone have this issue as well or could anyone help figure it out?

Thank you :)

I have provided a jpeg link for you to see what it looks like on my end. Thanks :)

http://www.kpgphotography.com/juicebox-gallery-help.jpg

Re: Social Sharing is not displaying images [SOLVED]

We are aware of certain problems with the Facebook thumbnail not being displayed and are currently investigating solutions.

For example, currently, images exported from Adobe Lightroom do not generate a Facebook thumbnail.
Also, Facebook itself requires that the main image fulfills certain conditions. The main image must be at least 50px x 50px, have a maximum aspect ratio of 3:1 and have a maximum file size of 5MB.

As long as your main images are not generated by Adobe Lightroom and they fulfill Facebook's own conditions, you are giving your images the best chance of currently having thumbnails generated for them.

no images were displayed when I hit the share button with any of them.

As far as I am aware, the known problem is with Facebook thumbnails only (not any of the other social sharing options).
Please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look and investigate further.

Has this been resolved?  I am having the same issue with Facebook.  Works fine with Pintrest/Google+ but is a big issue for us re:Facebook.
EG..  http://www.mpibcchapter.com/content/201 … r-schmooze

No, not yet. We are working on a fix for the next version of Juicebox-Pro.

A new version of the Juicebox web module for Adobe Lightroom has been released (v1.3.3.1) which fixes the problem of Facebook thumbnails not being displayed. The web module can be downloaded from this web page.

For non-Lightroom users who are still faced with the problem of Facebook thumbnails not being displayed, try stripping all EXIF data from your gallery images by resaving your images in an imaging program (with EXIF data deselected) or resizing them in JuiceboxBuilder (which strips all EXIF data by default).

ronj wrote:

Has this been resolved?  I am having the same issue with Facebook.  Works fine with Pintrest/Google+ but is a big issue for us re:Facebook.
EG..  http://www.mpibcchapter.com/content/201 … r-schmooze

I notice your example URL is working now, what was you fix? Did you re-export images to strip out EXIF info or was there another solution. I'm having the same issue and am curious what others are doing or have done.

No thumbnails for Facebook or twitter. Pinterest works as expected.
I'm running Juicebox pro 1.4.0.0 lightroom

Any news on this?

@Bchristensen

It is no longer possible to have the shared image's thumbnail displayed in the pop-up share window due to limitations imposed by Facebook on what data can be passed via their share URL. Only one thumbnail can be used per gallery. (The link will still point towards the correct image within your gallery, though.)

The image used in the Facebook sharing pop-up window can be set using an Open Graph og:image <meta> tag in the <head> section of your web page, such as the following:

<meta property="og:image" content="http://www.example.com/images/thumbnail.jpg" />

If you create a gallery with JuiceboxBuilder-Pro, an og:image tag will be automatically generated and included in the gallery's 'index.html' file. If you are embedding your gallery in an existing web page alongside other content, then you will need to add an og:image tag manually.

Twitter does not use a thumbnail image in its sharing pop-up window. Twitter shares only text (the gallery title, the image title and the image caption) and a link (to the specific image in your gallery).