Topic: Juicebox Pro Stuck

Hi. I recently purchased the Juicebox Pro version (5-site license) and have been busily converting my Simpleviewer Pro galleries to Juicebox. Everything going fine till about half an hour ago when Juicebox simply stopped working. I am building two websites with multiple galleries in each. Juicebox seems to load okay, but will not open any new or existing galleries. I tried deleting and re-loading program from my downloads file to no avail. I suppose I could download again from your site, but as I am only entitled to 5 downloads, I am reluctant to do that. I am on a Mac OSX System, version 10.9.2.

Re: Juicebox Pro Stuck

Try closing JuiceboxBuilder-Pro and manually deleting the following folder before opening JuiceboxBuilder-Pro again.

/Users/your_username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AIR/ELS/JuiceboxBuilder-Pro

I do not know what may have caused JuiceboxBuilder-Pro to fail but hopefully this suggestion will help.

I tried deleting and re-loading program from my downloads file to no avail. I suppose I could download again from your site, but as I am only entitled to 5 downloads, I am reluctant to do that.

If you want to try reinstalling JuiceboxBuilder-Pro, then, unless a new version has been released, there will be no benefit in downloading it afresh using your download link. (The installation file will be the same.) If you do plan to install an updated version of JuiceboxBuidler-Pro, then it is necessary to first uninstall any existing version (and then empty your trash).
Also, if your download link expires (after 5 downloads), you can request a new download link by filling in this Download Link Request Form. In doing so, you will always have a valid download link and will always have access to the latest version of Juicebox-Pro (and JuiceboxBuilder-Pro).

Thanks for your help. Okay, I followed your deletion suggestion with no results.. I have deleted the program a couple of times and re-loaded it from my downloads folder to no avail. I have emptied my trash each time. I have downloaded a new copy from your site; still no luck. I have deleted the original Juicebox Lite and also the Simpleviewer Lite from my Applications file. I have re-started my computer twice after deleting programs and emptying trash. Any other suggestions? This is so weird that it was working fine for maybe four or five days and then in the middle of a gallery conversion, just stopped. Much gnashing of teeth at this end.

If you have already tried uninstalling JuiceboxBuilder-Pro, deleting the folder from my post above (to ensure that no files are left behind) and then reinstalling JuiceboxBuilder-Pro, then there is no reason that I can think of why JuiceboxBuilder-Pro should not function correctly. (It should function just as it did when you first installed it.)
Also, it is possible to install JuiceboxBuilder-Pro alongside JuiceboxBuilder-Lite (and svBuilder and svBuilder-Pro) so there should be no need to uninstall the other applications.

Perhaps you have an anti-virus or other security program installed which is somehow interfering with the functionality of JuiceboxBuilder-Pro. Try making an exception in your security program for JuiceboxBuilder-Pro to see if this helps.

Also, make sure that you are using the current version of Adobe AIR (v4.0) which can be downloaded from here.

5 (edited by SandraLamb 2014-03-05 19:18:00)

Hi Steven. Thanks for your continued efforts. When Juicebox suddenly stopped running, that's the first thing I did; update to the most recent AIR, hoping that was the problem. No luck. I do not have any anti-virus programs installed on my Mac except for what is automatically included in my regular Apple updates. And it seems odd that they would suddenly lock me out in the middle of working. Could it be that  this might be related to a cookie or facsimile? Does Juicebox have a limit on number of galleries allowed? Is there something else I can try? I have invested dozens of hours building several galleries using SimpleViewer Pro which are becoming obsolete because they do not work on tablets. I certainly would not like to have to start from scratch with someone else's product.

And by the way, I have deleted and re-installed Juicebox Lite and it is working fine. But it just doesn't have the customization I need.

Okay, I've been doing the gnashing of teeth. Eventually, I did a search for all Juicebox-related application files including presets and what-have-you and deleted the lot. Then I emptied the trash. Then I re-installed NOT under the usual Applications folder. Can't say why it works but now it works. I'll let you know if it's permanent.

Can't say why it works but now it works.

Unfortunately, I do not have an explanation, either.
However, I am glad that the problem seems to have been resolved (at least for the time being).
If you find out any more about the problem or continue to experience difficulties, please post back to let me know.
Thank you.

Well, did a bunch more work and all of a sudden, presto, it left me hanging again. So I did the "search and destroy" all program files  and re-installed and now it works. Again. Maybe it was something I ate.

Does there seem to be any pattern with regard to how or when JuiceboxBuilder-Pro fails?
Does it happen only when trying to process certain file types or images from a specific source or images with certain file sizes or images with non-standard characters in their filenames?

I have not been able to replicate this problem but if you find out the cause (whether it is a corrupt image or a sequence of events which triggers it), please let me know so that I can investigate further.

My last post seems to have got lost in cyberspace so here goes again: Still having major problems with Juicebox Pro just "hanging". As previously explained, reinstalling to a new location seems to help temporarily. But after much harangue, I am thinking this has less to do with the relocation and more to do with the "wiping" part. I have found that sometimes when it stops, I can get it working again by sending the "presets" folder to the trash. It instantly recreates it, but more often than not, it is happy for awhile. This is driving me quite crazy; do you have any suggestions?

I have found that sometimes when it stops, I can get it working again by sending the "presets" folder to the trash.

If/when this happens again, please zip the 'presets' folder and email it to me (I have sent you a message regarding another forum query so you should have my email address) before you trash it so that I can take a look for myself and try to replicate the problem. Thank you.

Hello.

I had the same problem. Finally SOLVED.

Yesterday, i was updating few galleries with no problem.
Today, without reseting computer, i just opened one gallery, and got stuck after selecting folder and clicked on "open".
After that, none gallery can be opened, and "new" button doesn't react.
Tried everything mentioned, but also installation to different folder doesn't work.
Reinstalled Air, and also Juicebox few times.

Finally helped deleting folder "JuiceboxBuilder-Pro" in User Documents:
"/Users/<your username>/Documents/JuiceboxBuilder-Pro/"

I never changed anything in this folder, i have my own presets in other folder.

After that, the one gallery, where i got first stuck, works again.

So i hope, i will at least help other users...

--------------------------------------------------------------
macOS Catalina: 10.15.4 (19E266)
  Název modelu:    iMac
  Identifikátor modelu:    iMac18,3
  Název procesoru:    Quad-Core Intel Core i7
  Rychlost procesoru:    4,2 GHz
  Paměť:    16 GB

@motoko

Finally helped deleting folder "JuiceboxBuilder-Pro" in User Documents:
"/Users/<your username>/Documents/JuiceboxBuilder-Pro/"

I never changed anything in this folder, i have my own presets in other folder.

Thank you for sharing your solution.
I hope it helps others in a similar situation.

Here's a little more information which might help to shed some light on the problem.

JuiceboxBuilder-Pro creates a temporary folder named '.tempGallery' ('C:\Users\Username\Documents\JuiceboxBuilder-Pro\.tempGallery') whilst a gallery is being created or edited.
This folder is automatically deleted on closing JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.
If, for any reason, JuiceboxBuilder-Pro is unable to delete this folder, then the 'New Gallery...' and 'Open Gallery...' buttons on the 'Start' tab can become unresponsive.
The solution is to manually delete the '.tempGallery' folder.

It sounds like this is the problem that you have encountered and deleting the entire 'C:\Users\Username\Documents\JuiceboxBuilder-Pro\' folder has worked for you as it deleted the '.tempGallery' folder (along with some preset files).

The only scenario known to cause this problem is if a gallery is saved to (or opened from) an online synced file-sharing folder such as Google Drive or Dropbox (so the use of online synced file-sharing folder in conjunction with Juicebox-Pro is not recommended).

This is noted as Tip #12 in the Troubleshooting JuiceboxBuilder installation and usage problems forum post.