Topic: Overlaid Title/Captions on iPad

This question involves the differences in gallery display between desktop screen and iPad/iPhone and I presume other tablets. I have set up my gallery on my Mac desktop so that the image is overlaid with the title and caption when the mouse is present on the stage, and to fade out when the mouse leaves the stage. I have selected "Open URL" on the Image Click Mode, which takes the viewer to a high-resolution page. Everything works fine on the desktop but I had the occasion to test it on an iPad last night. On that device the caption does not come up at all, which is not great as all the pertinent info is there. Perhaps Juicebox is not capable of this feature on tablets and I need to have the caption displayed underneath the pic? Here's the link for one of the completed galleries:  http://www.twolambs.ca/Smetaphor.html
Thanks.

Re: Overlaid Title/Captions on iPad

I have just viewed your gallery on a mobile device (an iPod Touch) in both Mobile Safari and Chrome and your gallery captions are displayed OK (in both browsers) so they should also be displayed OK on your own iPad.
Try clearing your browser's cache to ensure that your browser is fetching and using the most recent versions of your gallery files from your web server.
Hopefully what you are seeing is just a browser caching problem and clearing your browser's cache will help.

I do not own an iPad.... I had an opportunity to borrow one last evening and my site had never been visited on this device; so the cache could not have recorded it. Yet another Juicebox mystery. I will have to try again on another iPad.

Hi Sandra:

FWIW, I can see your captions on Firefox, Safari, and Chrome on a Macbook, but I cannot see them using Safari on my iPad.

BTW, your site loads rather slowly.  Doesn't look like it's a large-file problem -- maybe a slow server?

-Patrick

Thanks Patrick. Maybe I am not crazy after all. I'm going to have a look again this weekend and see for sure. And yes, my server has been weirdly slow today.

Unfortunately, I do not have an iPad on which to test.
If you get a chance, take a look at the gallery on its own web page (http://www.twolambs.ca/SandisGallery/Me … aphor.html) rather than displayed on your main page within the iframe to see if the captions appear OK there.

Also, try fixing the HTML errors on your web page.
You can check your web page using the the W3C Markup Validation Service and then fix the errors reported.
Once the code on your web page validates correctly, it may be rendered with greater predictability and consistency across different browsers.

The problem is that you have set 'showOverlayOnLoad' to false and 'showImageOverlay' to 'AUTO'. On an iPad, this disables the caption from showing until the user taps the screen. To fix the problem, set 'showOverlayOnLoad' to true.

Check the image config option descriptions here: http://www.juicebox.net/support/config_ … ge-options