Topic: Getting Juicebox to work on local PC [SOLVED]

Hello, before I upload the Juicebox folder/files to my website, I am trying to get them to work on my pc.

I have followed the instructions and have just an index.html page in the gallery folder along with all the other required files/folder, including the config.xml file.

Here's the strange thing - It works when I preview it using a text editor called CodeLobster (which has its own preview mode), but when I open the page directly in Internet Explorer 11 I get the "Juicebox Error: Config XML file not found." message.  It doesn't work in Firefox either.  I am running it on a Windows 7 PC.

I have spent several hours on this, trying to fix it, using FAQ and forum solutions from the support section but I have drawn a blank.  Can anyone help, as this is such a great product and is perfect for what I would like for my website.

Many thanks

Re: Getting Juicebox to work on local PC [SOLVED]

Certain browsers (IE11, Chrome and Opera) have security restrictions which prevent the loading of XML files (like the one used by Juicebox to store the configuration options and image data) locally (on your own computer). Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done to circumvent this behavior. (It would appear from your post that CodeLobster's own built-in browser does not have such a restriction.)
Please note that this happens only when trying to load galleries locally (from your own hard drive) and does not happen once galleries have been uploaded to a web server.

We already have Juicebox FAQs for Chrome and Opera and will add one for IE11 in the next site update. (It was previously possible to preview galleries locally in IE10 but not now in IE11.)

However, it should be possible to preview galleries locally in Firefox and Safari (and I can do so with Firefox 27.0 and Safari 5.1.7 on my own PC).

If your gallery still does not display or function correctly when uploaded to your web server, then please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look for myself and help further.

Re: Getting Juicebox to work on local PC [SOLVED]

Steven, thanks very much for that response - I have uploaded the pages/folder to my website and they work perfectly.  Brilliant!

Thanks very much!