Topic: No pictures show on iPhone/iPad when paged opened through Facebook app

There appears to be an issue with Juicebox when the page with Juicebox is opened on an iPad or iPhone inside the Facebook app.
I have posted a link on Facebook to a page using Juicebox to display photos. People using iPhones and iPads reported problems when clicking on that link using the Facebook app. The page showed no pictures. One person reported further that when the page was opened in Safari on an iPad without using the Facebook app, it worked fine and the photos were displayed.
Probably not a quick fix available...(?)

Re: No pictures show on iPhone/iPad when paged opened through Facebook app

I have just tested this by sharing a link (clicking the Facebook button) on an image in our Social Sharing demo gallery and then opening the link from within the Facebook App on an iPod Touch 4 running iOS 6.1.3. The gallery displays as expected.
I have also manually shared a link to the Lite Embedded demo gallery (a web page containing a Juicebox gallery and other content) and this also displays as expected when opening the link from within the Facebook App on the iPod Touch.

I have posted a link on Facebook to a page using Juicebox to display photos.

Check the code on your web page with the W3C Markup Validation Service to make sure that it is valid and that there are no errors on the page.
If this does not help, please post back and let me know the link you are using so that I can try it for myself.

Thank you Steven for your reply.
I had been experimenting a bit myself and found that this works:

<div id="pagecontent" name="pagecontent" style="visibility:hidden;display:none;padding-left:10px;padding-right:10px;">
    <script src="/jbcore/juicebox.js"></script>
    <script>
        new juicebox({
            containerId : 'juicebox-container',
            configUrl : '/fotografie/LarryCarlton/131104/jbfotos.xml',
            galleryWidth : '100%',
        });
    </script>
    <div id="juicebox-container"></div>
</div id="pagecontent">
<script type="text/javascript">
  $(document).ready(function(){
    $('#pagecontent').css('display', 'block');
    $('#pagecontent').css('visibility', 'visible');
  });
</script>

Why this "delayed display" works, beats me. But it does.

In my own tests this is not necessary but I am glad that you have found a workaround for your problem.
Thank you for posting back to let me know.

By the way Steven, this is the page concerned:

http://www.theosolberg.net/fotografie/L … on/131104/

Try validating your web pages (both your frameset page and the page into which your gallery is embedded) with the W3C Markup Validation Service and fixing any errors reported to see if this makes a difference.

Also, I notice that your gallery does not have a height specified. You could try explicitly setting a galleryHeight as a fixed pixel value (not a percentage) in your gallery's embedding code to see if this helps.
Without a galleryHeight set, Juicebox will use the default value of 100%. Using a percentage height or setting no height at all (which is essentailly the same as setting 100%), you may need to implement the suggestion noted in the Using Percentage Heights support section.

Thank you for the information and links.
I have run the page through the W3C HTML5 validator and no errors were reported.
I will surely keep that info about the height in mind!
Several people have now viewed the page on their iPhones following a Facebook link and from what I have heard, it works fine now.