1 (edited by evilmc 2013-09-14 10:50:02)

Topic: Facebook Share thumbs [SOLVED]

Hello,

I use plugin WP-Juicebox PRO v1.3.2 and when I click on facebook share botton on image, don't show img thumbs, show only link. How to fix this problem?

http://oi40.tinypic.com/2qibub4.jpg

http://www.fotoumetnik.com/fotografisanje-vencanja-krusevac/

Thanx!

Re: Facebook Share thumbs [SOLVED]

This is a known problem which we are currently investigating. Unfortunately, at the moment, there is no quick fix.

Here's what we know...
Facebook itself requires that the main image fulfills certain conditions. The main image must be at least 50px x 50px, have a maximum aspect ratio of 3:1 and have a maximum file size of 5MB. (Your images all seem to fulfil this criteria.)
We are also aware that images exported by Adobe Lightroom fail to have thumbnails created by Facebook.

Whatever program you use to prepare your images for your gallery, try simply opening them and re-saving them in a different program before feeding them to your gallery to see if this makes a difference. For example, run your original images through JuiceboxBuilder-Pro and use the images in the gallery's 'images' folder. (Make sure that they are resized so that JuiceboxBuilder-Pro actually processes them and does not just copy them.)

For example, run your original images through JuiceboxBuilder-Pro and use the images in the gallery's 'images' folder. (Make sure that they are resized so that JuiceboxBuilder-Pro actually processes them and does not just copy them.)

I use this exaple and again don't work. I use Wordpress 3.6.1 and NextGEN Gallery and import 'images' folder from JuiceboxBuilder-Pro and don't works..

I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work. I guess it was worth a try.
Unfortunately, the Facebook thumbnail generation is currently unpredictable but the developers are aware of the problems and hope to have a more robust solution for the next version of Juicebox-Pro.

Hello,

I also experience the problem using lightroom plugin ; share to facebook don't show the pictures, even if my pictures are matching the conditions above.

Any news since the release of v1.3.3?
Can you provide an ETA to the bug fix?

BTY, I also notice someting strange.

Instread of using the facebook sharing button, if I copy the URL and past it into a facebook post, I get a message in the facebook post : "This is a Juicebox Gallery. Get yours at www.juicebox.net"

I understand you put that message on the lite version, but please, don't do so on the pro!

thanks!

Any news since the release of v1.3.3?
Can you provide an ETA to the bug fix?

Unfortunately, I have no news to report at the moment and there is no ETA on the fix/next version of Juicebox-Pro.
All I can say is that the developers are aware of the problem and are working towards a solution.

I understand you put that message on the lite version, but please, don't do so on the pro!

If you are referring to galleries generated by the Lightroom plugin, open the plugin's 'juicebox.lrwebengine/index.html' file (the template file which the plugin uses to generate the gallery's 'index.html' page) in a plain text editor and remove the following line (line 7):

<meta name="description" content="This is a Juicebox Gallery. Get yours at www.juicebox.net" />

Hi,
i use the 1.3.3 who have still this issue, any news to have it fixed ?
At the beginning when i had tested the gallery the thumb was present, now not...
To be honnest i switched to juicebox to have the possibility to share via facebook the foto, now i see it's a problem...
Regards,
Olivier

@OliverF

Please see my reply to your query in this forum thread.

A new version of the Juicebox web module for Adobe Lightroom has been released (v1.3.3.1) which fixes the problem of Facebook thumbnails not being displayed. The web module can be downloaded from this web page.

For non-Lightroom users who are still faced with the problem of Facebook thumbnails not being displayed, try stripping all EXIF data from your gallery images by resaving your images in an imaging program (with EXIF data deselected) or resizing them in JuiceboxBuilder (which strips all EXIF data by default).