Topic: iOS7

Galleries have suffered a bit with iOS7, at least, on an iPhone.

Landscape is fine, where the OS automatically goes into full-screen mode, but Portrait is not so successful.  The top and bottom control bars reduce in size/disappear when scrolling happens ... but of course, that's not the case with JuiceBox galleries.

Question :

Any way to instigate the iOS to hide/reduce the control bars for portrait mode?

Grant

Re: iOS7

We are aware of the gallery-sizing/navigation bar issue on iOS 7 and hope to have it fixed in the next version of Juicebox.

With older versions of iOS, the following code could be added to the <head> section of a web page to auto-hide the navigation bar and it might be worth trying on iOS 7.

<script>
    window.addEventListener("load", function() {
        setTimeout(function() {
            window.scrollTo(0, 1);
        }, 0);
    });
</script>

Do you have any kind of ETA on when the next version of Juicebox might be available?

My bosses are on me pretty hard about the issues with iOS7, and so it might sate them if I can give them an idea of how long it will be before I can update the galleries!

Unfortunately, I do not know when the next version of Juicebox will be released. There is no set release schedule and it will be released only when it is ready. Any estimate I give you could turn out to be wholly inaccurate.
All I can suggest is that you either sign up to our mailing list at the foot of our homepage or follow us on Twitter @JuiceboxGallery to be notified when new versions are released.

Hi,

we are aware of this issue and are working on a hot fix to come out soon. Unfortunately Safari on iOS7 has several new issues that break existing web content.

The gallery sizing issue in iOS 7 has now been fixed in Juicebox v1.3.3. Please see the Version History for a full list of changes and the Upgrading Juicebox page for details on how to get the latest version.

Steven wrote:

The gallery sizing issue in iOS 7 has now been fixed in Juicebox v1.3.3. Please see the Version History for a full list of changes and the Upgrading Juicebox page for details on how to get the latest version.

Sadly I'm still getting some issues with an iPhone in landscape mode:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/57qr9zopi018l … 9%2044.png

Can you offer any help?

Your Dropbox link leads to a page which displays the message "Nothing Here. The file you're looking for has been deleted or moved.".
Please check the link to your screenshot or describe the problem you are experiencing so that we can help further.
Also, if possible, please post the link to your gallery so that we can take a look for ourselves. Thank you.

Steven wrote:

Your Dropbox link leads to a page which displays the message "Nothing Here. The file you're looking for has been deleted or moved.".
Please check the link to your screenshot or describe the problem you are experiencing so that we can help further.
Also, if possible, please post the link to your gallery so that we can take a look for ourselves. Thank you.

Sorry about that, think I accidentally deleted it while clearing out our Dropbox. I've uploaded it to a better place:

Gallery:
http://www.viewvirtualtour.com/juicebox/1.3.3/v-1/

Screenshot:
http://www.viewvirtualtour.com/juicebox … enshot.png

The gallery here is just a straight export from the Juicebox app with default settings.

Thanks for looking into this for us.

Thank you for the link to your gallery and the screenshot.

For further information, what iOS 7 device do you use?
Also, does the problem happen when loading the gallery in portrait mode and rotating the device to landscape or when loading the gallery in landscape mode (or both)?
Thanks.

Steven wrote:

Thank you for the link to your gallery and the screenshot.

For further information, what iOS 7 device do you use?
Also, does the problem happen when loading the gallery in portrait mode and rotating the device to landscape or when loading the gallery in landscape mode (or both)?
Thanks.

The screenshot is from an iPhone 5 (A1429) running 7.0.3 - we don't have any other iPhones models running iOS7 in the office, so I'm not sure if it's a 5-only problem.

The issue only seems to happen if the page loads in landscape with the header/footer bars already visible (so if the gallery was linked to, for example). Tilting to the page to landscape from portrait clears the problem and the gallery centres correctly.

Feel free to let me know if I can do anything else to help you diagnose this.

Thank you for the additional information.
I have notified the developers.