Topic: cannot get rid of image drop shadow in all except firefox

I am using the latest juicebox version

I decided to rebuild my site this time without frame borders on the main images

I tired everything I can think of - shadow blur color white, alfa zero or 100%, shadow blur 0

Any or all those work perfectly on windows 8 only in firefox

But on all the other browsers there is a drop shadow on the extents of the image (to the right of my name/logo) on the right

I note that it does not appear on safari and chrome (think it was) on Mac

http://www.philipchudy.com/transportation/index.html#1

I tried editing as well as removing the shadow in the CSS to no avail

Appreciate some help on getting this to work
thanks

Re: cannot get rid of image drop shadow in all except firefox

The imageShadowColor configuration option in your gallery's XML file is currently set to:

imageShadowColor="rgba(0,0,0,1
0)"

The 4th parameter of the rgba(r,g,b,a) value should be set to 0 for the color to be fully transparent so change it to the following:

imageShadowColor="rgba(0,0,0,0)"

For others reading this thread, you can remove the drop shadow on the main images by either setting imageShadowBlur="0" (in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro's 'Customize -> Main Image' section) or by setting the opacity of the imageShadowColor to zero, e.g. imageShadowColor="rgba(0,0,0,0)" ('Customize -> Color').
The 4th parameter of the rgba(r,g,b,a) value is the opacity (the alpha channel).

Thanks for noticing that. I had looked at it previously. I cannot quite understand why all my other galleries on the site ended up with imageShadowColor="rgba(0,0,0,0.5)". Using search and replace site wide all pages work fine on the site but there are still problems generating new galleries.

I just made a brand new gallery and went to the config file and there sure enough is nearly the same thing (imageShadowColor="rgba(255,255,255,1
0)")

I checked the xml for the preset I had made and that value was in it

I would never have set that on purpose. I wonder what caused the value to become corrupted

I used the same preset on all the other galleries on the site too - so I wonder why they were imageShadowColor="rgba(0,0,0,0.5) which is not what was in the preset

I feel pretty sure I did not resave the preset at any point but cannot guarantee that 100%

I will try to track my process more closely if it happens again

thanks again

The &#xD character is the carriage return character.
The only way that I have been able to reproduce this problem is by saving a preset in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro, setting the imageShadowColor opacity to 100 (it should be a value between 0 and 1), and then manually editing the preset file in a text editor to introduce carriage returns into the imageShadowColor configuration option so that it looks like this:

<juiceboxpreset imageShadowColor="rgba(0,0,0,1
0)"/>

If I then load this modified preset in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro and save a gallery using it,
imageShadowColor="rgba(0,0,0,1&#xD;0&#xD;0)" appears in the gallery's 'config.xml' file.
I do not know how else this code might have been generated but at least you now know what to look out for.