1 (edited by timmy toad 2012-06-12 16:06:50)

Topic: solved :- is it ok to install this program on my MAC ????

hi i am very keen on juice box, i would like to install it on my very security conscious Apple Mac !, everything i have installed on my Mac always has the .DMG extension !!!!!!

I now have the juice box file ready to install, but it has the .air extension ????????

can someone please confirm i can install it on my precious Apple Mac, please

tim

Re: solved :- is it ok to install this program on my MAC ????

The .air file extension signifies that the file should be handled by the Adobe AIR installer.
JuiceboxBuilder requires Adobe AIR v2.0 or later. The latest version of Adobe AIR (v3.3) can be downloaded from this page.
It is safe to install both Adobe AIR and JuiceboxBuilder on your Mac.
Please see the JuiceboxBuilder User Guide for details.

3 (edited by timmy toad 2012-06-09 15:55:06)

thank you Steven, i can see now that the information i needed was there all the time, it just needed me to look for it, thanks.

btw. i have of course now installed and it is up and running.

however there is one thing i am unsure about, i got to know about JuiceBox through using Jalbum, with whom i have had an account for a few years.

as i understand it, i can still use the JuiceBox skin in jalbum along with many other skins that jalbum has in it's armoury.

so what advantages are there, that using the juice box lite App gives me over using Jalbum ?.

it is doing my head in trying to think of all the different permutations LOL.

Do i spend my money at Jalbum or at juice box ?

if it helps, i am definitely going to use my own Web Space, as i have to have iPhone compatibility with the published Album.

tim

so what advantages are there, that using the juice box lite App gives me over using Jalbum ?.

They are simply different ways of creating a Juicebox gallery. There are also plugins available for other programs such as Lightroom, Picasa and Photoshop. Use whichever method you are most comfortable with. Some people already use programs such as Lightroom so having a plugin for Lightroom fits in well with their current workflow.
For those not currently familiar with Lightroom, Photoshop, etc. a plugin is of little use which is why we provide JuiceboxBuilder-Lite (a standalone application dedicated to creating and editing Juicebox-Lite galleries) with the Juicebox-Lite download.
The jAlbum skin has the ability to create multi-gallery albums in a single action (by dragging and dropping an entire folder structure into jAlbum's main window). A Juicebox gallery will be created for each folder/subfolder in your input structure and all the galleries will be linked together by the JavaScript navigation tree. You can also upload the resulting album directly to your web space via jAlbum's built-in FTP functionality.

If you were to purchase Juicebox-Pro, you would gain access to the many Pro Configuration Options which are not available to Juicebox-Lite users and the 50-image per gallery limit would be lifted. Other benefits of Juicebox-Pro over Juicebox-Lite can be found on this page.
You could integrate Juicebox-Pro into the jAlbum skin by following the instructions on this page. Pro Options should be entered into the skin's interface as lines of text, such as:

option1=value1
option2=value2

As a Juicebox-Pro customer, you will also have JuiceboxBuilder-Pro which allows you to create a Juicebox-Pro gallery with all available Pro Options configurable via the interface (without the need to type or copy/paste text). The live preview window also shows you exactly how your gallery looks as you make changes.

Steven, i thank you most profusely for your help and down to earth advice with the answer to my question, i can't possibly ask for more, thanks, you're my hero, ok :)

tim