Topic: Image size issue

Hello, I'm new to Juicebox and am developing a site using DW. On this site, I have 3 galleries. The problem comes after I embed the Juicebox generated gallery into the appropriate HTML page. All the images are there, but they are cropped at odd sizes. When I first generate the gallery, things look fine, but after the gallery is embedded into the DW HTML, the images resize and crop off parts of the image. Can anyone suggest a solution?
Thank,
George

Re: Image size issue

It sounds like you may be using one of the imageScaleMode settings which crops (rather than scales-to-fit) images.
Take a look at the possible values for imageScaleMode in the Main Image Options section of the Config Options page and try using SCALE_DOWN or SCALE.
If this does not help, then please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look and help further.

Hi,
I'm using Juicebox Lite. Are there any options other than "crop" to fit and "resize?"
Thanks,
George

The default value for imageScaleMode (used by Juicebox-Lite) is SCALE_DOWN so images should not be cropped in a Juicebox-Lite gallery.

Are there any options other than "crop" to fit and "resize?"

These are options used by JuiceboxBuilder-Lite to prepare the images for the gallery (rather than configuration options used by Juicebox-Lite itself to display the images in the gallery). Setting 'Crop to Fit' will crop your images before they are used in the gallery.
Take a look inside your gallery's 'images' folder to see if the images themselves look like cropped versions of your original images. If they are, then remake your gallery in JuiceboxBuilder-Lite (using your original images as the source) and ensure that the 'Crop To Fit' checkbox is not selected on the 'Images' tab (but keep the 'Resize Images' checkbox selected).
If the 'Resize Images' checkbox is not selected, then JuiceboxBuilder-Lite will simply copy your original images across to the output 'images' folder without resizing them. This may not be suitable if your original images are large.

Hello, I tried the suggestion from Steven, regarding checking "Resize Images", both with a clean rebuild of the gallery and with just re-processing it. Neither had any effect. I tried changing the max image size to 1024 x 1024 since it was cropping the width, but that had no affect. I'm grateful for any help that can be offered. BTW, some of my images are vertical and some horizontal. My site isn't live yet, still in DW.

George

As long as 'Crop To Fit' is deselected in JuiceboxBuilder-Lite, images should not be cropped in a Juicebox-Lite gallery under any circumstances that I can think of.
In order to help further, I would really need to see the gallery in question so please upload it to a server and post the URL so that I can take a look and help further.

Hello Steven,

I uploaded my site onto a subfolder on my webserver. Here's the URL:
http://www.georgebeltzhoover.com/George's Graphics & Photography
As you'll be able to see, the images are all cropped on the right-hand side, even though I did follow your advice regarding the "crop to fit" setting is concerned.

Thank you for your help.
George

Thank you for providing the URL to your gallery.
It looks like your problem is caused by global CSS rules in your 'style.css' file. In this file you have the following code:

img, object, embed, video {
    max-width: 100%;
    left: 75px;
    right: auto;
    margin-top: 10px;
    margin-left: 5px;
    position: relative;
    float: left;
}

These CSS rules will apply to all images on your web page (including those in your Juicebox gallery). Juicebox has no option but to inherit such global rules.
These rules should be applied only to those elements on your web page which require them through use of CSS classes and ids.
If you were to remove the code above (just as a test), you should hopefully see that the gallery functions correctly and your images are no longer shifted to the right (resulting in cropping).

Steven,

Thank you very much! I just made a separate style sheet for the galleries and that took care of it.

George