1 (edited by rj74 2013-10-08 13:53:50)

Topic: Back button behaviour with Full Screen

JB is 100% x 100% with Use Fullscreen Expand enabled

When in Full Screen and click back button you exit Full Screen and go to the back button url - fine

Problem is if you then go back to the JB gallery, it is still scaled for Full Screen - It's not returned to viewport scale.
Requires refresh but looks like an error.

Suggest back button is hidden in Full Screen to avoid this.
User would then return JB to viewport before clicking back button.

(Chrome doesn't give this problem - it reloads JB page when you go back to it, but Safari, Firefox IE and Opera where giving the error for me)

EDIT
Also I think its best to exit Full Screen before navigating to a new page - more logical I think.
Best to enter and exit Full Screen from the JB full viewport page - then navigate back.
Again, hiding Back button in Full Screen would be better I think

Re: Back button behaviour with Full Screen

Problem is if you then go back to the JB gallery, it is still scaled for Full Screen

Are you talking about using the browser's back button to "go back to the JB gallery"? If so, this is likely to be a browser caching issue which may be unavoidable.
If you go back to the gallery via a link (the URL that brought you to the unexpanded gallery in the first place), then the gallery should display OK.

Again, hiding Back button in Full Screen would be better I think

The Back Button may not be the only link in a gallery.
A user may have set imageClickMode="OPEN_URL", in which case each main image will be a link.
Also, links may have been embedded in the Gallery Title or in image titles or captions using HTML formatting as documented here.
Unfortunately, disabling the Back Button in fullscreen mode will not help in these scenarios.

Re: Back button behaviour with Full Screen

Yes I agree. better to keep all the links buttons in Full Screen