Topic: Images too soft

Hi,

Just signed up for juicebox pro and have been playing around with the slideshow builder. I am viewing the images on a screen with a resolution of 1920 x 1080. My original images are 4928 x 3280 and when I view the slideshow at image scale mode - SCALEDOWN the images look very poor and are soft. When I set the image scale mode - FILL then it is even worse.

I think I have read somewhere on this forum that the default setting is to scale images to 1024x768 which are then saved at 80% quality to provide an image of around 100 odd Kb?

What is there that I can change to make sure that my images always look sharp when either displayed at SCALEDOWN or FILL

oh and before anyone asks, yes my original images are sharp, sharp as a pin ;-)

many thanks,

David

Re: Images too soft

You can change the size and quality for your resized images in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro's 'Images' tab.
Click the 'Change...' button in the 'Image Size' control panel and you can change the Maximum Width, Maximum Height and Quality for your resized images in the 'Set Image Size' pop up settings window.
The default settings are usually a good compromise between resolution, quality and file size for most users but they will not be ideal for all scenarios so try changing these values to see if they help with your own images.

Re: Images too soft

Thanks for that, all sorted and looks a lot better now.

many thanks,

David