Topic: Navigate pages of 'Small Screen' thumbs on desktop

Any way to make this work?

Re: Navigate pages of 'Small Screen' thumbs on desktop

If you want to force Juicebox-Pro to display your gallery in Small Screen Mode in desktop browsers (to allow users to browse through pages of thumbnails on all devices and in all browsers), set screenMode="SMALL" (in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro's 'Customize -> General' section).

In Small Screen Mode, the number of thumbnails displayed depends on the space available in the user's browser window.
If there is not enough space to display all the thumbnails in the gallery on a single page, thumbnail navigation arrows are displayed to allow users to navigate back and forth through the pages of thumbnails.

If you do not see these thumbnail navigation arrows in your own gallery, please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look.

Try here Steven :  http://www.grantsymon.com/test/Portraits/index.html

You would need to set showImageNav="TRUE". Setting showImageNav="FALSE" (as your gallery currently does) hides the navigation arrows on the thumbnail and main image pages.
I will notify the developers that there is currently no way to navigate through thumbnail pages in Small Screen Mode in desktop browsers when showImageNav="FALSE".
Thank you for pointing this out.

Thanks Steven.

Is there any way to have the small-screen thumbnails with large-screen settings?  Specifically it is stage padding and caption text which I cannot position as I would like.

The separate thumbnails and main image screens are unique to Small Screen Mode.
In Large Screen Mode, the thumbnails and main image are always displayed together on the same screen (though you can position and arrange the thumbnails using the available thumbnail configuration options).

If you split the Large Screen Mode's display (of thumbnails and main imags on the same page) into separate thumbnail and main image pages

I can't find a way of having thumbs and images on separate pages, other than by checking 'Small-Screen Mode'.  How do I do this?

The only way to split the thumbnails and images onto separate pages is to use Small Screen Mode.
As I mentioned above:

The separate thumbnails and main image screens are unique to Small Screen Mode.
In Large Screen Mode, the thumbnails and main image are always displayed together on the same screen

In my other post here, I was trying to say that if it were possible to split the thumbnails and images onto separate pages in Large Screen Mode (which it is not), then the result would essentially be Small Screen Mode and you can use Small Screen Mode to achieve the result you are looking for (separate thumbnail and main image pages) by setting screenMode="SMALL".

With regard to the problem navigating between thumbnail pages in Small Screen Mode in desktop browsers when showImageNav="FALSE", I have now logged a bug report with the developers and this should be fixed in the next version of Juicebox-Pro. (Keyboard controls should allow the user to navigate between thumbnail pages when showImageNav="FALSE".)
In the meantime, the workaround would be to set showImageNav="TRUE".

This comment may or may not be related to any future changes regarding small-screen navigation of thumbnail pages, but I noticed the following quirk: if you load that page, and then the very next thing you do is press the right-arrow key, the first picture load... behind the thumbnails (i.e., you can see it on the top and bottom of the screen, and in the areas between thumbnail images. If you continue using only the arrow keys, this behavior continues. If, instead, you click on one of the thumbnails, the main image appears and the thumbnails disappear.

Just thought you folks might be interested in this, if you haven't noticed it already.

Cheers,

Bill

This has already been noted and logged as a bug which should be fixed in the next version.
Thank you for reporting, though.

OK, thanks, Steven.

Bill