Topic: Caption

I got v1.3.2 and can not get ITCP data like Camera, Exposure time, ISO, Aperture etc.
The only info shown is the file name. I have read in the forum that one way to get around it is
to rezize the image in another software and unclick "Resize image". Even then it is only
file name showing up. Is it possible to get the other info or must I use other software to get
this function?

Re: Caption

I got v1.3.2 and can not get ITCP data like Camera, Exposure time, ISO, Aperture etc.

JuiceboxBuilder-Pro does not support such IPTC fields.
JuiceboxBuilder-Pro uses the IPTC 'Document Title' and 'Description' fields to populate the gallery image titles and captions respectively. (These IPTC labels are those used by Adobe Photoshop. Other imaging programs may use different labels for these IPTC fields.)

I have read in the forum that one way to get around it is
to rezize the image in another software and unclick "Resize image".

This will prevent JuiceboxBuilder-Pro from processing the images and they will simply be copied across to the gallery's 'images' folder. As the images are not processed by JuiceboxBuilder, they will retain any metadata which is embedded within them but JuiceboxBuilder will still not be able to extract any other IPTC fields for use in the image titles and captions.

Is it possible to get the other info or must I use other software to get
this function?

You can extract the metadata of your choice from your images for use as the image titles and captions when using the Juicebox plugin for Lightroom to create your galleries.

JuiceboxBuilder-Pro uses the IPTC 'Document Title' and 'Description' fields to populate the gallery image titles and captions respectively. (These IPTC labels are those used by Adobe Photoshop. Other imaging programs may use different labels for these IPTC fields.)

I use photoshop and use the correct IPTC fields but can not get JuiceboxBuilder-Pro to fil in the captions nor titles. Some advise would be very welcome and appreciated. I've downloaded the latest version of JB builder pro but no luck sofar. copy and pasting everything by hand is a hassle knowing it can be done ones in photoshop.

@Jensio

Make sure that you are using the latest version of JuiceboxBuilder-Pro (v1.3.2) and that you are entering your IPTC data in the correct fields in Adobe Photoshop.
For image Title: Adobe Photoshop -> File -> File Info... -> Description (tab) -> Document Title
For image Caption: Adobe Photoshop -> File -> File Info... -> Description (tab) -> Description

If you continue to experience difficulties, please upload an image somewhere and provide a download link so that I can take a look and help further.

Steven wrote:

@Jensio

Make sure that you are using the latest version of JuiceboxBuilder-Pro (v1.3.2) and that you are entering your IPTC data in the correct fields in Adobe Photoshop.
For image Title: Adobe Photoshop -> File -> File Info... -> Description (tab) -> Document Title
For image Caption: Adobe Photoshop -> File -> File Info... -> Description (tab) -> Description

If you continue to experience difficulties, please upload an image somewhere and provide a download link so that I can take a look and help further.

Problem solved! Never was aware there is a menubar in juiceboxbuilder pro. Was searching between de big buttons in the builder to find the setting for reading the iptc info i could not find. Pretty dumb feeling now but am happy i've got it working. Thanks allot Steven!

I am glad that you have solved your problem.

To clarify for other users reading this thread, in order to use the IPTC 'Document Title' values as image titles, select 'Images -> Titles -> Use IPTC Title' from the drop-down menu at the top of JuiceboxBuilder-Pro.
Likewise, to use the IPTC 'Description' values as image captions, select 'Images -> Titles -> Use IPTC Caption'.