1 (edited by webchocho 2013-07-07 04:52:36)

Topic: Config.xml Weird Setup

Hello all-

First of all, great product and forum. I have been reading the articles for the past few hours and cannot seem to wrap my head around this config.xml file with my specific situation.

I have a site built in a web platform called NationBuilder. It is built for politicians and government sites, but it is limited on how much file access we have. I cannot ftp files into the site.

I'm trying to get this juicebox gallery to display a group of photos from my Flickr account, but I'm unable to get past that dreaded config.xml error screen.

I tried to upload the files to my dummy third-party site, just so the files are hosted somewhere since I cannot directly post them on the main 11thdistrict .com site. Is there any type of work around for this because I need to try and implement a photo gallery asap and this seems like the best solution.

What I did..
1. Tested the flickr/juicebox local gallery on my MacBook -- works perfectly
2. Inserted this code on the main 11thdistrict site and uploaded all files to cromarin site--
<!--START JUICEBOX EMBED-->
      <script src="http://cromarin.com/web/jbcore/juicebox.js"></script>
<script>
new juicebox({
  containerId : "juicebox-container",
galleryWidth: "100%",
galleryHeight: "100%",
backgroundColor: "#222222"
});
</script>
<div id="juicebox-container"></div>
<!--END JUICEBOX EMBED-->

I know it was probably dumb to upload the files to a completely different site, but I was trying to see what is the best approach given that I cannot FTP to 11thdistrict .com given the permissions the web platform - NationBuilder allows or doesn't allow for.

My goal is to have a photo gallery on the site, connected to our Flickr account. Please help, and I'll gladly help share more information to resolve this. Thank you.

Re: Config.xml Weird Setup

All the Juicebox gallery files must be on the same domain/subdomain as the JavaScript embedding code due to the same-origin policy. Please see this web page for further information.

As you have uploaded your entire Juicebox gallery folder to your 'cromarin.com' domain, you could load the gallery's 'index.html' file ('cromarin.com/web/index.html') into an iframe on your '11thdistrict.com' page. For example, replace your existing embedding code with the following iframe code:

<iframe src="http://cromarin.com/web/index.html" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

This works because the gallery is actually embedded (using the JavaScript embedding code) into the 'index.html' file which is on the same domain as all the other gallery files.

This method of embedding is documented as Option #2 here.
The Embedding in a Web Template Site instructions (which fits your scenario) also uses this technique.

Re: Config.xml Weird Setup

Thank you, Steven!!

I appreciate the help. I went ahead and purchased the Pro Version, and I look forward to testing this further, implementing it on the site, and helping other users on here.