Topic: Caption Opacity in IE

Hi - I'm completely stumped, any thoughts on what might be going on here? I haven't been able to find any other threads related to this topic.

Thanks
Grant

Using pro v1.3.2 and configuring what is supposed to be a transparent caption background colour (captionBackColor="rgba(255,255,255,0)"). Works fine on all browsers I've tested with except IE, where my caption background is a solid block of white, i.e. anything but transparent, and I can't see the caption.

It works fine in Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Opera and also in IE locally before I upload to my host server (smartyhost). I'm certain it used to work fine on IE until recently too.

Config is as follows :-

backgroundColor="rgba(191,221,237,1)"
    thumbsPosition="LEFT"
    maxThumbColumns="1"
    maxThumbRows="6"
    showImageNumber="false"
    captionPosition="BELOW_IMAGE"
    captionHAlign="CENTER"
    maxCaptionHeight="40"
    captionBackColor="rgba(255,255,255,0)"
    enableAutoPlay="true"
    autoPlayOnLoad="true"
    showAutoPlayStatus="false"
    showOpenButton="false"
    showExpandButton="false"
    showThumbsButton="false"
    thumbFrameColor="rgba(255,255,255,1)"
    imageShadowColor="rgba(0,0,0,0)"
    imageTransitionType="FADE"
    imageTransitionTime="1"
    useFullscreenExpand="true"
    enableLooping="true"
    frameWidth="10"
    imageShadowBlur="0"
    thumbFrameWidth="3"
    thumbHoverFrameWidth="5"
    thumbSelectedFrameWidth="5"

My test gallery is here ...
http://www.wunderkindphoto.com.au/testg … index.html

Any help greatly appreciated.

Re: Caption Opacity in IE

Your caption area is transparent when I view your gallery in IE9 and IE10 (but not in IE8).
The developers are aware of transparency issues in IE8 and are currently investigating solutions.

In the meantime, as the caption area is opaque in IE8, a possible workaround would be to set captionBackColor to a different color than your caption's text (such as the gallery's background color) so that the text is visible (but keep the alpha channel at 0 for full transparency in all other browsers), e.g.:

captionBackColor="rgba(191,221,237,0)"

If you are not using IE8, make sure your Internet Explorer browser is not in 'Compatibility View' mode.

Re: Caption Opacity in IE

Thanks very much Steven, it was simply the compatibility view in IE10 as you suggested, wish they were all that simple to resolve.

The issue still exists in IE8, so thanks for the suggestion on the different caption background colour. I've previously tried that and know it works.

Very much appreciate the assistance.
Grant